It provides detailed analysis of the insurance regulations for life, property, motor, liability, personal accident, and health, and marine, aviation and transit insurance. The report specifies various requirements for the establishment and operation of insurance and reinsurance companies and intermediaries.
The report brings together the publisher’s research, modeling, and analysis expertise, giving insurers access to information on prevailing insurance regulations, and recent and upcoming changes in the regulatory framework, taxation, and legal system in the state. The report also includes the scope of non-admitted insurance in the state.
- The Michiganian insurance industry is regulated by the DIFS.
- Composite insurance is not permitted in Michigan.
- 100% FDI is permitted in the Michiganian insurance industry.
- Non-admitted insurance is not permitted in the Michiganian insurance industry. However, there are exceptions to this rule as specified in the non-admitted section of this report.
- Key classes of compulsory insurance include motor third-party liability insurance and health insurance.
The report provides insights into the governance, risk, and compliance framework pertaining to the insurance industry in Michigan, including:
- An overview of the insurance regulatory framework in Michigan.
- The latest key changes, and changes expected in the state’s insurance regulatory framework.
- Key regulations and market practices related to different types of insurance product in the state.
- Rules and regulations pertaining to key classes of compulsory insurance, and the scope of non-admitted insurance in the state.
- Key parameters including licensing requirements permitted foreign direct investment, minimum capital requirements, solvency and reserve requirements, and investment regulations.
- Details of the tax and legal systems in the state.
- The report covers details of the insurance regulatory framework in Michigan.
- The report contains details of the rules and regulations governing insurance products and insurance entities.
- The report lists and analyzes key trends and developments pertaining to the state's insurance regulatory framework.
- The report analyzes the rules and regulations pertaining to the establishment and operation of insurance businesses in the state.
- The report provides details of taxation imposed on insurance products and insurance companies.
Reasons to Buy
- Provides FAQ-style analytical insights comprising 129 knowledge elements on insurance compliance applicable to the country.
- Gain insights into the insurance regulatory framework in Michigan.
- Track the latest regulatory changes, and expected changes impacting the Michiganian insurance industry.
- Gain detailed information about the key regulations governing the establishment and operation of insurance entities in the country.
- Understand key regulations and market practices pertaining to various types of insurance product.
Table of Contents
- Legislation Overview
- Supervision and Control
- Compulsory Insurance
- Non-Admitted Insurance Regulations
- Company Registration and Operation
- Foreign Direct Investment / Ownership
- Minimum Capital Requirements
- Solvency Margins
- Reserve Requirements
- Statutory Return Requirements
- Fee Structure
- Tax on Insurance Premium
- Corporate Income Tax
- Corporate Capital Gains Tax
- Value Added Tax
- Legal System
- Policy Practice
- About the Publisher
- Contact the Publisher
List of Tables
- The US - Michigan - Corporate Tax Rates for the Financial Year 2021