1h Free Analyst TimeSummary
Speak directly to the analyst to clarify any post sales queries you may have.
Cloud computing refers to the provision of IT infrastructure and platform services to provide a flexible, scalable, and on-demand IT environment. Whilst not openly publicized, it seems cloud computing is a growing theme throughout the travel sector. Jobs related to cloud computing are the most active on the publisher’s Job Analytics database between mid-September and early October 2020 with growth surpassed only by further technology themes such as IoT, Big Data and Online Travel.
This thematic research report takes an in-depth look at the role of Cloud Computing within the travel and tourism sector. The report looks at trends within tourism related to the cloud alongside offering an array of case studies that take a deep dive into how companies are utilizing this theme and the outcome. This is followed by an analysis of the impacts of this theme and recommendations for companies looking to adopt a cloud-based model.
“What remains clear is there is global adoption of this theme as industries across the supply chain such as airlines, travel intermediaries, lodging providers and cruise operators have demonstrable examples of when cloud computing has benefitted flexibility, scalability and general operational efficiency. As technology and travel become ever more entwined, adopting cloud based services will be a pivotal theme in driving future changes regarding efficiency, operation and management in the travel space”. - Johanna Bonhill-Smith, Travel & Tourism Analyst.
- This thematic report provides an overview of the role of cloud computing within the travel sector today and the opportunities it can provide.
- The key trends within this theme reflect how companies are benefitting from adopting a cloud based model also acknowledging why some may be reluctant.
- Several case studies are included to identify how, why and when certain companies began investing in the cloud acknowledging the benefits of this theme within the travel sector.
- The impacts of cloud computing are then discussed identifying how this theme has changed the travel sector today.
- To conclude, a series of recommendations are laid out to notify companies on certain precautions and areas to consider when investing into this pivotal theme.
Reasons to Buy
- Gain a deeper understanding into what cloud computing is and how this has/will affect the travel and tourism sector in the future.
- Access how businesses are utilizing the cloud and how this is aiding operational efficiency and productivity.
- The publisher’s thematic research ecosystem is a single, integrated global research platform that provides an easy-to-use framework for tracking all themes across all companies in all sectors.
- It has a proven track record of identifying the important themes early, enabling companies to make the right investments ahead of the competition, and secure that all-important competitive advantage.
- Companies across the travel and tourism supply chain including airlines, travel intermediaries, lodging providers, cruise operators, etc. should utilize this report to fully understand how cloud computing is a key theme driving future changes in the travel sector.
- Discover recommendations that will help your company when becoming more ‘cloud-savvy’, leading to a more agile and efficient business model.
Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- Technology Briefing
- Industry Analysis
- Use Cases Within Travel and Tourism
- Impact On Travel and Tourism
- Value Chain
- Sector Scorecards
- Further Reading
- Thematic Research Methodology
- About the Publisher
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- American Airlines
- Carnival Corporation
- Expedia Group
- Royal Caribbean International
- Trip.com Group
- TUI Group