There's no better way to build your teaching skills! Elsevier's Faculty Development: An Interactive Solution provides a comprehensive, one-stop solution to help you improve your effectiveness in the classroom and advance your career. A combination handbook and self-guided online course make it easy to progress through the material at your own pace. You will study topics such as learning theories, course planning, classroom management, assessment writing, and best-practice instruction methods for a variety of settings, supplemented throughout with interactive exercises, case scenarios, and critical thinking questions to help you put it into practice. Elsevier's Faculty Development contains the tools you need to prioritize student success and become a master teacher!
- Career Education Sector Overview (postsecondary education, career schools, college admissions, career school demographics)
- How Students Learn (learning science, adult learning theory, learning styles, Bloom's Taxonomy, Cone of Learning, why it all matters)
- Teaching and Learning, Assessment, and Student Outcomes (setting the right tone best practices, instructor as facilitator, active learning, clinical/externship experiences, lesson plans, learning activities, assessment, objectives and learning outcomes)
- Faculty Roles and Responsibilities (qualifications, faculty file, subject matter experts, licensing, continuing education, professional development and in-service training, regulatory compliance, institutional and programmatic accreditation)
- Classroom Management (principles, best practices, case studies)
- Emerging Trends in Postsecondary Education (new teaching/learning models, adaptive learning, digital literacy, competency-based learning, alternative pathways, portability of credits)
- Intellectual Property (copyright, fair use, permissions, web resources, plagiarism)