Walmart began its e-commerce initiative in 2000 when it created walmart.com and samsclub.com, and has been expanding its digital presence since then.
Since 2015, Walmart has partnered with several tech companies, including leaders to tap the power of disruptive technologies.
Walmart is also upgrading its retail stores with digital solutions. The company’s innovations are geared towards integration of delivery capabilities and achieving seamless consumer engagement via online & offline platforms.
The report provides information and insights into Walmart's technology activities, including -
- Insights of its digital transformation strategies, accelerator & incubator programs, and R&D and data analytics labs
- Overview of technology initiatives covering strategic partnerships and product launches
- Overview of technology focused investments and acquisitions
- Insights on each technology initiative including technology theme, objective, and benefits
- Details of estimated ICT budgets and major ICT contracts
- Walmart is exploring and utilizing technologies including artificial intelligence (AI), augmented reality, behavioral analytics, big data, blockchain, cloud, conversational platforms, cybersecurity, digital assistants, frictionless shopping, image recognition, the IoT, machine learning, mobile, mobile payments, predictive analytics, robotics, and virtual reality.
- Walmart is building technology assets by independently developing technology solutions and filing for patents.
- Walmart hired about 1,700 tech employees in 2018 and about 2,000 more in 2019 to drive its digital transformation. The company’s innovation lab, Walmart Labs, also on-boarded a five-member team from Trilldata Technologies (Dataturks), a machine learning-based data annotation platform that performs image bounding, document annotation, natural language processing (NLP), and text annotations.
Reasons to Buy
- Gain insights into Walmart's technology operations.
- Gain insights into its tech strategies, and R&D and innovation initiatives.
- Gain insights into its technology themes under focus.
- Gain insights into various product launches, partnerships, investments, and acquisitions of Walmart.
Table of Contents
- Digital Transformation Strategy
- Accelerator/Incubator Programs and R&D/Data Analytics Labs
- Technology Focus
- Technology Initiatives
- Partnership, Investment, & Acquisition Network Map
- ICT Budgets & Contracts
- Key Executives
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Bare Necessities
- Trilldata Technologies (Dataturks)
- Thrive Global
- Content Analytics
- Bringg Delivery Technologies
- Bell and Howell
- IBM Blockchain
- August Home
- Alert Innovation
- Bossa Nova
- Strivr Labs
- Plug Power
- Level Home
- Upstream Commerce
- Polymorph Labs