A Manifold Increase is Anticipated in the Share of the Organised Sector as the Current Capacity Addresses Just about 25% of the Market
The eWaste management market in India is expected to offer major opportunities for existing as well as new participants in the market. With current levels of installed capacity catering just to 25% of the total e-waste generated in 2019, capacity additions are highly likely during the study period. Frost & Sullivan predicts that the market will touch 11.5 million tonnes by 2025.
The study delves into various insights on the current state of the eWaste management market in India and jots down the drivers and restraints to its growth. The increase in the number of dual-income families, the burgeoning electronics industry, the rapid growth of IT companies, and progressive policies that aim to improve the formal channel are the key growth drivers in the market. At the same time, the market growth is restrained by a general lack of awareness about proper eWaste management, the presence of a large unorganised channel and the capital-intensive nature of eWaste management market. It is also worth noting that the high level of capital expenditure is also a major barrier for entry into the market.
The study discusses the various sources of eWaste, including large household appliances, consumer electronics, and IT and telecom equipment. Commonly-used recycling technologies are also discussed in detail to provide a perspective of the current landscape of the market. The research service also talks about top companies that have established robust e-waste management programs.
While strategic partnerships are certain to help find success in the market, this study also offers insights into other growth opportunities available in the market and lays down the critical factors to consider for succeeding in the industry.
The presence of a large unorganised channel and its impact on the eWaste management market including safety issues are also discussed. Growth opportunities involving the unorganised sector have been identified and analysed.
Key Issues Addressed
- What is the current state of eWaste market in India? And how is it expected to change?
- What is the total installed capacity of eWaste management of the top participants in the market?
- Which source of eWaste contributes the highest, and which is the fastest-growing segment?
- What are the drivers or restraints to growth in the market? How are these factors expected to fare in the coming years?
- What are the growth opportunities available in the market, and what are the critical success factors?
Table of Contents
- Why Is It Increasingly Difficult to Grow?
- The Strategic Imperative 8™
- The Impact of the Top Three Strategic Imperatives on the eWaste Management Market
- Growth Opportunity Analysis - Indian eWaste Management Market
- Key Findings
- Global eWaste Management Market Overview
- India Compared to Other Countries
- eWaste Generation in India
- Sources of eWaste
- eWaste Composition
- Indian eWaste Management Market - Scope of Analysis
- Key Stakeholders
- Growth Drivers
- Growth Drivers Explained
- Growth Restraints
- Growth Restraints Explained
- Critical Success Factors for Growth
- Legislative Overview
- Legislative Requirements and Timelines
- Regulatory Impact and Market Opportunities
- eWaste Recycling Market Trends
- eWaste Value Chain
- eWaste Management Registered Recyclers and Installed Capacity
- Top States and Recyclers by Installed Capacity
- eWaste Generation Forecast by Type of Source
- IT and Telecom Equipment
- Large Household Appliances
- Consumer Electronics
- Recycling Process
- eWaste Recycling Technologies
- Urban Mining
- eWaste Management Programs of Leading Companies
- Other Leading eWaste Management Programs
- Informal eWaste Management
- Health and Safety Issues in Informal eWaste Management
- Health and Safety Implications of Informal eWaste Management
- Macro to Micro Visioning
- Enabling Trend 1 - The App Economy
- Enabling Trend 2 - IoT and the Rise of ‘Smart’ Devices
- Enabling Trend 3 - Solar Panels End-of-life Management
- Enabling Trend 4 - Refurbishments and Data Security
- Growth Opportunity 1: Buy Back eWaste at a Price and be a Responsible Producer, 2020
- Growth Opportunity 2: Capitalise on Informal Networks, 2020
- Key Factors to Consider in Growth Strategy and Implementation
- Top Predictions For The eWaste Management Market
- Your Next Steps
- Why the Publisher, Why Now?
- List of Exhibits
- Legal Disclaimer