This research service provides critical insights into the global biosimilar industry, highlighting the key growth opportunities, market revenue forecasts, and trends that will influence the industry with the emergence of the third wave of biosimilars. The global third-wave biosimilars market covered in this study includes a discussion of antibody therapies and recombinant proteins. It also includes a market forecast for the third wave biosimilars till 2026, capturing the interesting developments and market dynamic shifts that are set to influence the growth of industry stakeholders.
This study identifies the largest revenue-generating therapeutic areas and drug types, and the year with the highest market revenue potential for biosimilar companies based on biologics patent expiry. Market entry considerations for biosimilar companies and factors influencing global biosimilar penetration have been clearly outlined. This research service also provides comprehensive insights on the complex dynamics that are set to influence the third wave of biosimilars, such as the re-imbursement and the payer landscape, biosimilar pricing trends, and the various sales models that are prevalent in the biosimilars industry.
Regional differences in terms of biosimilar pricing have also been discussed in this study in addition to the challenges relevant to the industry such as physicians’ acceptance of biosimilars, manufacturing complexities, and patent litigations. Most importantly, this study highlights the competitive landscape for the third wave of biosimilars, providing the different approaches taken by innovator companies to fight biosimilar competition.
Finally, the study delineates the key growth opportunities that can help increased biosimilar uptake, overcome manufacturing complexities, handle biobetter innovations, and leverage advantages in competing for newer therapy areas, such as ophthalmology.
- Market revenue forecast for the third-wave biosimilars market, 2020-2026
- Segment-wise revenue forecast by therapeutic area and drug type
- Competitive landscape analysis of the third-wave biosimilars market
- Market dynamics influencing the third-wave biosimilars market
- Growth opportunities in the global biosimilars market
- Strategic imperatives for the global biosimilars market
Key Issues Addressed
- What will be the market revenue of the global third-wave biosimilars market from 2020 to 2026?
- Which therapy areas and patent expiry years of biologics are likely to influence this market?
- What are the key trends that will influence the industry during the forecast period?
- How does the third-wave biosimilars competitive landscape look like?
- What are the major growth opportunities in the global biosimilars industry?
1. Strategic Imperatives
- Why Is It Increasingly Difficult to Grow?
- The Strategic Imperative 8™
- Strategic Imperatives for the Global Biosimilars Industry
- Growth Opportunities Fuel the Growth Pipeline Engine™
2. Growth Opportunity Analysis - Global Biosimilars Market
- Scope of Analysis
- Biosimilars in the Perspective of Regulatory Bodies
- Key Differences between Biosimilars, Biologics, and Biobetters
- Focus of Study: The Third Wave of Biosimilars
- Market Segmentation by Product
- Key Competitors in the Global Biosimilars Market
- Key Growth Metrics for the Third-wave Biosimilars Market
- Distribution Channels Adopted by Biosimilar Companies
- Market Entry Considerations for Biosimilars
- Factors Affecting Global Penetration of Biosimilars
- 4 Key Developments in the Re-imbursement and Payer Landscape
- Regulatory Changes That Have Influenced The Biosimilar Market
- Growth Drivers for the Global Biosimilars Market
- Growth Restraints for Global Biosimilars Market
- Forecast Methodology and Assumptions - Third-wave Biosimilars Market
- Total Third-wave Biosimilars Market
- Market Forecast Analysis, 2020-2026 (Total Third-wave Biosimilars Market)
- Forecast by Drug Type: Antibody Therapies vs. Recombinant Proteins
- Market Forecast Analysis, 2020-2026 (by Drug Type)
- Forecast by Therapy Area - Third-wave Biosimilars Market
- Forecast of Third-wave Biosimilars - By Year-wise Patent-expiry of Biologics
- Market Forecast Analysis, 2020-2026 (By Therapy Area and Year-wise patent expiry of Biologics)
- Regional Analysis - Global Biosimilars Market
- Regional Analysis of Factors Impacting Biosimilars Market Access
- Regional Analysis Discussion
- Pricing Trends - US Biosimilars Market
- Pricing Trends - Western Europe Biosimilars Market
- Competitive Environment - Global Biosimilars Market
- Companies to Action
- Impact of Third-wave Biosimilars on the Competitive Landscape
- Case Study: AbbVie - Delaying Biosimilar Competition
3. Growth Opportunity Universe, 2020
- Major Growth Opportunities
- Growth Opportunity 1: Manufacturing Outsourcing Collaborations for Complex Third-wave Biosimilars, 2020
- Growth Opportunity 2: Increased Market Access Through Biobetter Innovations For Biosimilar Companies, 2020
- Growth Opportunity 3: Developing and Manufacturing of Biosimilars in India for the Global Market, 2020
- Growth Opportunity 4: Interchangeability Approvals for Increased Biosimilar Uptake in the US Market, 2020
- Growth Opportunity 5: Ophthalmology Biosimilars for First-to-Market Advantage, 2020
4. Next Steps