The Competitive Intensity of a More Organized Independent Aftermarket is Set to Take OESs’ Share of Business
This research service analyzes the Indian passenger and small commercial vehicles aftermarket, the aftermarket's future outlook, and the opportunities it offers to various participants in the value chain. The base year for the analysis is 2019, and the forecast period is 2020 to 2026.
The study discusses the impact of various factors - economic climate, regulatory environment, investment opportunities, government initiatives, and passenger miles traveled - on the aftermarket. Metrics, such as new vehicle sales and VIO forecast, were also used. The forecast for new vehicle sales is split by vehicle type and VIO, by vehicle age. Additional factors, such as vehicles by fuel type, shared mobility in the Indian market, technician training, and the average age of a vehicle are also discussed.
This research service discusses the impact of COVID-19 on the Indian aftermarket and offers insight into how the market will evolve. New business models and technologies, such as eRetailing, telematics, new service solutions, as well as the challenges and growth opportunities in the aftermarket ecosystem, are also analyzed. It offers a general overview of the distribution channel, product flow in IAM and OES channels, major distributors, comparison of after-sales services offered by OEMs, and the expected evolution of the distribution channel. The overall aftermarket revenue market size and forecast are based on the aforementioned factors. The base year market is split by the replacement part market size, as well. Major trends that affect the IAM and the OES, and growth opportunities for all stakeholders in the aftermarket are also discussed.
- To estimate the total market opportunity based on a top-down analysis of vehicles in operation, replacement rates, and market size.
- To identify the top automotive parts distributors and service providers in the Indian automotive aftermarket.
- To identify the growth opportunities and challenges that exist within the Indian automotive aftermarket and how it would impact market participants.
- To understand the shift in OEMs' approach toward after-sales services.
- To assess the current and future changes in the automotive after-sales market with respect to all stakeholders.
Key Issues Addressed
- What is the short- to medium-term outlook for the Indian automotive aftermarket?
- What is the structure of the Indian automotive aftermarket? Who are the key industry participants?
- Which products and services will offer the highest future growth opportunities?
- How is the competitive landscape changing?
- What is the impact of Mega Trends, such as eRetailing, telematics, and new business models, on the Indian aftermarket? How is it going to affect the market participants?
Table of Contents
- Why is it Increasingly Difficult to Grow?
- The Strategic Imperative 8
- Indian Automotive Aftermarket and the Strategic Imperative 8
- Growth Opportunities Fuel the Growth Pipeline Engine
- Indian Automotive Aftermarket Overview
- Key Growth Metrics for the Indian Automotive Aftermarket
- Growth Drivers in the Indian Automotive Aftermarket
- Growth Restraints in the Indian Automotive Aftermarket
- Demographic Highlights and Major Initiatives
- Major Initiatives that have an Impact on the Aftermarket
- Economic Analysis
- Passenger Miles Travelled
- Impact of COVID-19
- Major Investments and Developments in Passenger Vehicles
- Major Regulations in Passenger Vehicles
- Major Aftermarket Suppliers by Product Type
- New Vehicle Sales Analysis and Outlook
- New Vehicle Sales by Segment
- Passenger Vehicle Sales by Vehicle Type and Brand
- VIO by Age
- VIO by Region
- New Vehicle Sales by Fuel Type
- Ride-Hailing, Ride-Sharing, and Car Sharing Growth
- Replacement Parts Revenue
- Challenges in the Aftermarket
- Training for Technicians
- Aftermarket Structure for Parts Supply
- Key Participants in the IAM Network
- Key IAM Distributors
- OES Channel - Overview of the OES Network
- Percentage of Revenue by Distribution Channel
- Major Automotive Trends that have an impact on the Indian Aftermarket
- Case Study - Quick Service Options (Maruti Suzuki)
- Passenger Vehicle Infotainment Evolution in India
- Infotainment Penetration
- Trends in the OES Channel - Telematics and Subscription Services
- App-based Telematics Solutions
- Trends in the OES Channel - Digital Engagements
- Trends in the IAM Channel - Multibrand Servicing
- eCommerce Parts Sales
- eCommerce Business Models
- eRetail Participants Overview
- Service Aggregators Overview
- Case Study - TVS Automobile Solutions
- eCommerce - eRetail/Service Aggregators that Bridge the Gap
- Growth Opportunity 1 - New Product Lines to Address Demand Caused by Regulations and Competitiveness, 2019
- Growth Opportunity 2 - New Business Models to Gain Share in IAM, 2019
- Your Next Steps
- Why Now?
- List of Exhibits
- Legal Disclaimer
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Maruti Suzuki
- TVS Automobile Solutions