OmniFoods (formerly known as Right Treat), a Hong Kong foodtech start-up, has launched Omni pork, a vegan-friendly pork substitute made from rice, non-GMO soy pea protein, and shiitake mushrooms.
In 2018, David Yeung, a social entrepreneur, established OmniFoods (formerly called Right Treat), a foodtech start-up in Kowloon Bay, Hong Kong, with a desire to develop plant-based meat alternatives that complemented local Asian cuisines and could fulfil sensory experience of local population. He was inspired by Beyond Meat, a US-based veggie burger maker that has since become a phenomenon. In April 2020, OmniFoods launched OmniPork Luncheon and OmniPork Strip to supplement its OmniEat ready-to-eat food series.
- Vegan, vegetarian, and flexitarian diets are gaining momentum among the Hong Kong population .
- Growing consumers awareness about the impact of meat production on the environment.
- Collaborate with chefs across restaurants to incorporate new meat-free products into their menus.
Reasons to Buy
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.
Table of Contents
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Right Treat
- Green Monday
- Bafang Yunji
- Ming Court
- Cordis ,Man Ho
- JW Marriott
- Taco Bell and Tong Kee Bao Dim
- Cathay Pacific
- Wanchai Ferry
- Beyond Meat