A practical guide to DC microgrid development and implementation as potential subsystems of a smart grid
Introduction to DC Microgrids offers an essential guide to the fundamentals of DC microgrid technology. Microgrid technology has the potential to improve the efficiency and cost-effective delivery of power generated from renewable sources. The authors – noted experts in the field – discuss various architectures and voltage levels of the DC microgrid system and include typical examples and applications of the system. They also discuss the control schemes, power quality and stability aspects. In addition, every chapter contains solved numerical examples to help strengthen the concepts presented.
The authors review the different types of power converters used in various roles in DC microgrid systems and examine common issues associated with DC microgrids such as circulating currents, voltage regulation, voltage imbalance, and more. The book highlights the merits of the DC microgrid compared to AC systems and examines the techniques used to determine optimal placement of loads and sources in a DC microgrid. This important book:
- Explains the intricacies associated with DC microgrid technology and offers a clear understanding of the topic
- Discusses energy storage in the context of the working and operating conditions of the DC microgrid system
- Examines the deployment of DC microgrids that holds promise for more efficient and cost-effective delivery of power generated from renewable sources
- Includes illustrative case studies, numerical and design examples
- Highlights the most recent developments, future prospects and applications of DC microgrids
Written for graduate and undergraduate students and industrial professionals, Introduction to DC Microgrids contains a much-needed work that reviews the basic elements of DC microgrid technology.