COVID-19 Impact on Estee Lauder, H2 2020 Update reports key findings as of 4th September, 2020 based on market analysis and brand diversification by industry and geography.
Overall, the C&T industry is facing a severe impact from the COVID-19 pandemic. Due to its lack of business diversity (coupled with relatively limited geographic diversification), Estée Lauder is in a difficult position. However, the recent announcement of its restructuring plan signifies its intentions to prepare itself to fight the current crisis and be ready for the post-COVID era. The recent shift towards digitalization and strengthening its online sales may prove beneficial for the company in the coming years.
- Estée Lauder's expansion in the personal hygiene and skincare category is expected to offer modest resilience against the adverse impact of COVID-19.
- The C&T industry is forecast to bear significant sales decline, with Latin America and North America the worst hit regions.
- Estée Lauder's single industry operations will make it difficult to overcome the losses generated due to COVID-19 crisis.
- With the declining sales of make-up, Estée Lauder's focus on skincare and personal hygiene may help during the pandemic.
- Estée Lauder's make-up sector accounts for 50% of total expected losses in 2020.
Reasons to Buy
- Understand the challenges and opportunities faced by a specific company in order to tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.
Table of Contents
- COVID-19 impact analysis on Estée Lauder - key findings as of 4th September 2020
- Geographic spread analysis - COVID-19 vs Estée Lauder's brand sales
- The impact of COVID-19 on Estée Lauder's regional sectors
- Estée Lauder's 2020 exposure: brand sales at risk by region and sector
- Cosmetics and toiletries 2020 impact - $2.4bn at risk
- Make-up 2020 impact - $1.2bn at risk if performance is in line with trends
- Skincare 2020 impact - $616.5m at risk if performance is in line with trends
- Operational reactions from Estée Lauder - indications from recruitment trends
- Contact us
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Estee Lauder