1h Free Analyst TimeSummary
Speak directly to the analyst to clarify any post sales queries you may have.
Ministry of Crab was founded in Sri Lanka in 2011 by Dharshan Munidasa in partnership with Sri Lankan cricketers Mahela Jayawardane and Kumar Sangakkara. Its success in Sri Lanka prompted the restaurant to take the restaurant to other markets, including India, China, the Maldives, the Philippines, and Thailand.
Sri Lankan chef and restaurateur Dharshan Munidasa founded Ministry of Crab in 2011 in partnership with Sri Lankan cricket players Mahela Jayawardane and Kumar Sangakkara. Ministry of Crab's inception was the result of a former TV show by Dharshan Munidasa named Culinary Journeys, which featured Sri Lankan crabs. Sri Lankan lagoon crabs have traditionally been more accessible in overseas markets rather than in its home country due to their high export value. In order to rectify this situation, the three founders set up The Ministry of Crab as an ode to Sri Lanka, with each crab dish highlighting the bounty of Sri Lanka.
- Ministry of Crab's association with renowned cricketers enhanced its brand visibility.
- A diversified food menu coupled with a focus on local food preferences appeals to variety-seeking consumers.
- A commitment to fresh ingredients was a key success factor for Ministry of Crab.
- Growth in tourism has remained crucial for Ministry of Crab.
- Restaurant openings should focus on Asian countries where seafood is particularly popular.
Reasons to Buy
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.
Table of Contents
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Ministry of Crab
- Gourmet Investments
- William Reed Business Media's