Respiratory inhaler devices are medical devices that assist a patient with respiratory issues like asthma, COPD, and other respiratory disorder. Factors such as increasing air pollution, industrialization, high smoking habits amongst the general population, have led to several respiratory diseases such as asthma and COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease) across the world. Respiratory disorders have always been a huge challenge for drug manufacturers and medical practitioners. Millions of people suffer from lung cancer in the U.S. As per the WHO data, more than 350 million people in the world are affected by asthma and more than 270 million people are affected by COPD by 2020. Consistent efforts have been made to control and prevent these disorders that affect the majority of the patients.
In 2020, global revenue generated by respiratory inhaler devices stood at USD 33 Bn and is expected to reach USD 40 Bn by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 6.9%.
The growth of the market is attributed to higher demand in the near future due to the increasing number of patients with respiratory diseases. The immune systems of children and older adults are comparatively more prone to chronic respiratory diseases. Developing countries can expect more rise in respiratory diseases due to poverty further worsening the risk factors such as indoor air pollution and tobacco consumption. They add up to the increasing environmental pollution leading to a rise in the number of respiratory diseases.
The market growth is hindered due to technical issues in the inhaler design, lack of effective drugs for a few typical respiratory disorders, high cost associated with the product, side effects, and complications.
- Widespread Rise in Chronic Respiratory Disease
- Higher Usage of Combination Therapy
- Increasing Requirement for Rescue Medication
- Advancement in Technology
- Lack of Single, Effective Device for Every Respiratory Disorder
- Side Effects and Complications During Inhalation
- High Price
- Non-Standardized Dosage
- Advanced Products
- Increasing Requirement in Developing Countries
Dry powder inhalers are expected to hold above 50% of revenue share in the respiratory inhaler devices market, owing to its constant technological evolvement, better performance, and are thus most preferred for drug delivery in asthma and COPD treatment.
Digitally operated inhalers dominate the market in terms of technology as the advancements in digital technologies have made them a preferred choice over the manually operated inhaler.
Hospitals & Clinics hold a larger share in the user type segment owing to the increasing awareness regarding the facilities provided in the hospitals in developing nations as well as tremendous growth in the number of hospitals so far. Also, hospitals are the first contact point when encountered with serious health issues related to respiratory disease.
Asthma holds a significant share of market value followed by COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) in the respiratory inhaler devices market. This trend is expected to continue during the forecast period, owing to the extensive use of respiratory inhaler devices for asthma and COPD treatment.
North America is expected to dominate the global respiratory inhaler devices market in terms of revenue during the forecast period. Countries in the Asia Pacific such as India and China, are expected to remain targeted geographies and provide numerous opportunities for regional and key players operating in the respiratory inhaler devices market.
The Global Respiratory Inhaler Devices Market is segmented based on Product, Technology, End-user, and Disease indication.
Respiratory Inhaler Devices Market, By Product
- Dry Powder Inhaler (DPI)
- Metered Dose Inhaler (MDI)
Respiratory Inhaler Devices Market, By Technology
- Manually Operated Inhaler
- Digitally Operated Inhaler
Respiratory Inhaler Devices Market, By End User
- Hospitals & Clinics
- Respiratory Care Centres
Respiratory Inhaler Devices Market, By Disease Indication
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension
- Others Respiratory Disease
Respiratory Inhaler Devices Market, By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
Some of the companies covered in this report are Baxter International, Allied Healthcare Products Inc., Philips Healthcare, Propeller Health, Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH, Chiesi Pharmaceuticals, Beximco Pharmaceuticals Ltd., Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., OMRON Healthcare, Smith Medicals, GlaxoSmithKline Plc., Adherium limited, PARI Medical Holding, AstraZeneca, Novartis AG and 3M Health Care.
IGR Competitive Quadrant
The report includes IGR Competitive Quadrant, a proprietary tool to analyze and evaluate the position of companies based on their Industry Position score and Market Performance. The tool uses various factors for categorizing the players into four categories. Some of these factors considered for analysis are financial performance over the last 3 years, growth strategies, innovation score, new product launches, investments, growth in market share etc.
Lions: Represents companies with a strong foothold in the market, with the highest market share, large investments in technologies, new products.
Bulls: Companies that are medium in size competing with their USPs, growing companies with proven market share.
Rabbits: Small companies but growing rapidly, constantly improving their offerings in the market
Tortoise: Companies which are slow in growth, having a long legacy and stable or negative in performance
Why buy this report?
- The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the Global Respiratory Inhaler Devices Market. The report includes in-depth qualitative analysis, verifiable data from authentic sources and projections about market size. The projections are calculated using proven research methodologies.
- The report has been compiled through extensive primary and secondary research. The primary research is done through interviews, surveys and observation of renowned personnel in the industry.
- The report includes in-depth market analysis using Porter’s 5 force model and the Ansoff Matrix. The impact of Covid-19 on the market is also featured in the report.
- The report also contains a competitive analysis using IGR Competitive Quadrant, a Proprietary competitive positioning tool.
- A complete analysis of the market including parent industry
- Important market dynamics and trends
- Market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market based on value and volume
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
1.2 Market Definition
1.4 Years Considered
1.6 Key Shareholders
2.2 Data Collection and Validation
2.2.1 Secondary Research
2.2.2 Primary Research
2.3 Market Size Estimation
2.4 Assumptions of the Study
2.5 Limitations of the Study
4.2 Market Dynamics
5.2 Impact of COVID-19
5.3 Ansoff Matrix Analysis
6.2 Metered dose inhaler (MDI)
7.2 Digitally Operated Inhaler
8.2 Respiratory Care Centers
9.2 Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
9.3 Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension
9.4 Others Respiratory Disease
10.2 North America
10.3 South America
10.4.5 Rest of Europe
10.5.5 Rest of APAC
10.6 Middle East and Africa
11.2 Market Share Analysis
11.3 Competitive Scenario
11.3.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
11.3.2 Agreements, Collaborations, & Partnerships
11.3.3 New Product Launches & Enhancements
11.3.4 Investments & Fundings
12.2 Allied Healthcare Products Inc.
12.3 Philips Healthcare
12.4 Propeller Health
12.5 Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH
12.6 Chiesi Pharmaceuticals
12.7 Beximco Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
12.8 Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
12.9 OMRON Healthcare
12.10 Smith Medicals
12.11 GlaxoSmithKline Plc.
12.12 Adherium limited
12.13 PARI Medical Holding
12.15 Novartis AG
12.16 3M Health Care
12.17 Aldo-Union S.A.
12.18 Laboratorio Pablo Cassara S.r.l.
12.19 Lupin Limited
12.20 Merck & Company, Inc.
12.21 Cipla Ltd
- Baxter International
- Allied Healthcare Products Inc.
- Philips Healthcare
- Propeller Health
- Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH
- Chiesi Pharmaceuticals
- Beximco Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- OMRON Healthcare
- Smith Medicals
- GlaxoSmithKline Plc.
- Adherium limited
- PARI Medical Holding
- Novartis AG
- 3M Health Care
- Aldo-Union S.A.
- Laboratorio Pablo Cassara S.r.l.
- Lupin Limited
- Merck & Company, Inc.
- Cipla Ltd