This report looks at hyper-premiumization. Hyper-premiumization is the process in which aspirational consumers actively seek higher-priced, often more sophisticated products than they previously would purchase. It encompasses the individual's desire for ‘better’, underpinned by a set of perceived quality attributes and status undertones. In the automotive industry, hyper-premiumization is an inevitable outcome of the battle between manufacturers to outdo each other to tempt consumers to their dealerships. If one vehicle offers a certain piece of on-board technology or luxurious trimmings for a given price point, while its competitors do not, it can generally expect to draw in more customers and close more sales.
- This report is part of an ecosystem of thematic investment research reports, supported by the publisher's “thematic engine”.
- About the Thematic Research Ecosystem
- The publisher has developed a unique thematic methodology for valuing technology, media and telecom companies based on their relative strength in the big investment themes that are impacting their industry.
- Whilst most investment research is underpinned by backwards looking company valuation models, the publisher’s thematic methodology identifies which companies are best placed to succeed in a future filled with multiple disruptive threats. To do this, the publisher tracks the performance of the top 600 technology, media and telecom stocks against the 50 most important themes driving their earnings, generating 30,000 thematic scores.
- The algorithms in the publisher’s “thematic engine” help to clearly identify the winners and losers within the TMT sector. The publisher's 600 TMT stocks are categorised into 18 sectors. Each sector scorecard has a thematic screen, a risk screen and a valuation screen. The publisher's thematic research ecosystem has a three-tiered reporting structure: single theme, multi-theme and sector scorecard.
- This report is a Multi-Theme report, covering all stocks, all sectors and all themes, giving readers a strong sense of how everything fits together and how conflicting themes might interact with one another.
Reasons to Buy
- The publisher's thematic investment research product, supported by the publisher's thematic engine, is aimed at senior (C-Suite) executives in the corporate world as well as institutional investors.
- Corporations: Helps CEOs in all industries understand the disruptive threats to their competitive landscape
- Investors: Helps fund managers focus their time on the most interesting investment opportunities in global TMT.
- The publisher's unique differentiator, compared to all of their rival thematic research houses, is that the thematic engine has a proven track record of predicting winners and losers.
Table of Contents
- Executive summary
- Thematic analysis
- Sector scorecards
- Our thematic research methodology
- About the Publisher