"This Strategy E-book on the Airbus vs. Boeing arch-rivalry in the commercial narrow body aircraft market decrypts & unravels the relative strategy playbooks as well as game plans of the two aerospace giants in an unbiased, longitudinal analysis. The Airbus vs. Boeing story deciphers & chronicles the meteoric rise of Airbus from a virtual industry underdog starting out in the 1970s & how it went on to challenge the hegemony of Boeing to effectively become a worthy & equal rival within a span of 3 decades in a long- cycle industry with significant entry barriers well in place.
The analysis unravels & chronicles as to how Airbus challenged the market hegemony of Boeing, a clearly overmatched foe, by effectively taking on and tactically undercutting its marketing juggernaut & financial heft to become its arch-nemesis and going on to deservingly reach a commanding position in the almost three-and-a-half decades-long cliffhanger & quest for domination of the narrow-body aircraft market. The analysis also captures Airbus’ significant contribution to the evolution of commercial aviation spearheaded by the company’s technology-led, customer-focused strategy orientation & culture that has propelled multiple game changer strategy moves over the decades, speaheaded by the introduction of next generation ‘Fly-by-Wire’ & ‘Flight Envelope Protection’ technologies in the mid-1980s on the A320 aircraft family, which was developed as a ‘Family of Aircrafts’ right from the outset enabling Airbus to create significant & sustainable competitive advantages over Boeing supplemented by significant product portfolio broadening & capturing of strategic market sub-segments with the addition of A220 & the development of A321LR & XLR, the longer range variants of the A321.
The analysis further shows as to how Airbus has proactively & repeatedly disrupted the Global Narrow Body Aircraft market with the perfect concoction of technology & smart strategy, serving ‘Aces’, while Boeing has reactively maneuvered across the court with its loyal & versatile workhorse, the 737, to cover ground pushing it too far ultimately in the process for it to break down eventually. Also, how Boeing persisted with its mostly wide body obsessed product strategy in the ‘War of Competing Strategy Orientations & Foci’ for decades with the reactive strategic focus & posture, adopted for the narrow body aircraft market, ultimately scripting its fall from grace.
What this could be best compared to is a half time game review & match analysis from the strategy perspective…
Note: This PDF is based on Microsoft Word® platform with an overall page count of 270 pages and word count of around 100,000.
Excerpts & Coverage:
1. Longitudinal analysis on the Airbus-Boeing arch-rivalry in the narrow body aircraft market and how Airbus stepped up its game from being a rookie to become an equal rival within a span of a decade and a half (1985-2000) - Analysis backed by numbers
2. Airbus' repeated disruption of the narrow body aircraft market with its technology & customer focused strategy orientation spearheaded by a series of game-changer moves that have given it a definite, sustainable competitive advantage
3. Decade-wise Comparative Analysis on Airbus & Boeing on Product Strategy Pursuits for the past Half-a-Century and on the three key determinants of long-term, sustainable Organizational Success - Culture, Leadership & Strategy
4. Detailed analysis of the 737 MAX Saga - Ingredients, Recipe and the Making of it with a special feature on Boeing’s reactive & competition focused strategy orientation in the narrow body segment for decades with its laser focus on the wide-body market and how it precipitated the MAX disaster
5. How Airbus clinched the C-Series from Bombardier in a virtual masterstroke and has created a commanding position for itself in the entry-level narrow-body aircraft segment
6. Detailed Analysis on the Battle for the Middle of the Market - How Airbus has played superbly to its strengths with the creation of derivative, longer range narrow bodies capable of operating on thin, long-haul routes with Airbus maintaining a stranglehold on the segment with the A321 variants - LR & XLR respectively
7. The Flight Path Ahead for Commercial Aviation - Perspectives for the Post COVID-19 World and Market Outlook
- 50 Pages
- Region: Global