Your career as a Penetration Tester begins here with the NEW CompTIA PenTest+ Certification Kit! Includes CompTIA PenTest+ Study Guide AND CompTIA PenTest+ Practice Tests!
About the CompTIA PenTest+ Study Guide
Penetration testers simulate cyber attacks to find security weaknesses in networks, operating systems, and applications. Information security experts worldwide use penetration techniques to evaluate enterprise defenses. Typical penetration testing consists of low-level hackers attacking a system with a list of known vulnerabilities, and defenders preventing those hacks using an equally well-known list of defensive scans. In CompTIA PenTest+ Study Guide: Exam PT0-001, you're introduced to the core skills and techniques that every pen tester needs:
- Perform assessments of traditional server and desktop operating systems as well as new types of network devices, including mobile, cloud, IoT, industrial, and embedded
- Identify security weaknesses
- Manage system vulnerabilities
- Determine if existing cybersecurity practices deviate from accepted practices, configurations and policies
About the CompTIA PenTest+ Practice Tests
This book provides five unique practice tests, covering the five CompTIA PenTest+ objective domains, PLUS two additional practice exams, for a total of 1000 practice test questions. Coverage of all exam objective domains includes:
- Planning and Scoping
- Information Gathering and Vulnerability Identification
- Attacks and Exploits
- Penetration Testing Tools
- Reporting and Communication
This book helps you gain the confidence you need for taking the CompTIA PenTest+ Exam PT0-001. The practice test questions prepare you for test success.Readers will also have access to additional online study tools, including hundreds of bonus practice exam questions, electronic flashcards, and a searchable Glossary of important terms. Prepare smarter with Sybex's superior interactive online learning environment and test bank.