Reprogramming the Genome: Applications of CRISPR-Cas in Non-mammalian Systems Part B, represents the collation of chapters written by eminent scientists worldwide. CRISPR-Cas9 system is an RNA-mediated immune system of bacteria and archaea that protects from bacteriophage infections. It is one of the revolutionized technologies to uplift biology to the next stages. It is a simple, rapid, precise, and cost-effective tool for genome editing and regulation of a wide range of organisms. It has gained scientific and public attention worldwide. This volume mainly covers insect cell line, protozoans, zebrafish, drosophila, CRISPRi, patents as well as technology transfer, and many more. This book is a key source of information available in a single volume. This book will be useful for not only beginners in genome engineering, but also students, researchers, scientists, policymakers, and stakeholders interested in harnessing the potential of reprogramming of the genomes in several areas.
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
Table of Contents
1. Development of insect cell line using CRISPR technology Ekene Emmanuel Nweke and Deepak B. Thimiri Govinda Raj
2. CRISPRing protozoan parasites to better understand the biology of diseases Apurva Kirti, Manish Sharma, Komal Rani and Abhisheka Bansal
3. CRISPR based genome editing of zebrafish Preeti Sharma, B. Sharan Sharma and Ramtej J. Verma
4. Using CRISPR-Cas9 based genome engineering tools in Drosophila melanogaster Deepti Trivedi
5. CRISPR interference and its applications Seyedkhashayar Ghavami and Amir Pandi
6. CRISPR-Cas systems: Challenges and future prospects Nisarg Gohil, Gargi Bhattacharjee, Navya Lavina Lam, Samuel D. Perli and Vijai Singh
7. Patents and technology transfer in CRISPR technology Lichelle Grobler, Essa Suleman and Deepak B. Thimiri Govinda Raj