In 2020, Alibaba Business School introduced another year for its virtual GET competition in partnership with The African Leadership University, to empower 1 million talents and entrepreneurs across China, the African continent, Colombia, Mexico, France, Russia, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Thailand, Serbia, South Korea, and Uzbekistan to develop digital transformation solutions and help businesses worldwide to offset the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
In 2018, Alibaba Group introduced the hotel of the future, FlyZoo, in Hangzhou which is equipped with black disc-shaped robot room service, facial recognition check-in process, voice recognition, biometrics, and barbots. Once the guest arrives at the hotel and check-in using facial biometrics technology, they can opt for room service via Tmall Genie smart speakers and the FlyZoo app and can access voice-controlled television, room curtains, room temperature change, and lightening features.
Established in 2021, AAIG is dedicated to promote reliable, credible, sustainable, and usable AI technologies and encourage innovation. The laboratory employs a team of 120 researchers, tracking more than 200 AI applications in the ecosystem.
The report provides information and insights into Alibaba's tech activities, including:
- Insights of its digital transformation strategies and innovation programs
- Overview of technology initiatives covering partnerships, product launches, investments and acquisitions
- Insights on each technology initiative including technology theme, objective, and benefits
- Details of estimated ICT budgets and major ICT contracts
- Alibaba is focusing on cloud computing as a part of its digital retail transformation to drive an omnichannel consumer experience and bolster growth. In 2020, the company invested around $28 billion on the cloud Infrastructure over three years, covering cloud operating systems and networks, developing cloud data centers at a global scale, and recruit IT talent across verticals to expedite digitalization.
- Alibaba is focusing on technology investments as part of a research program called Alibaba’s Academy for Discovery, Adventure, Momentum, and Outlook to build seven research and development labs across China, the US, Russia, Israel, and Singapore. The labs will be focused on the fields of IoT, data intelligence, quantum computing, and AI.
- To bolster its business prospects and to empower its clients amidst the pandemic, Alibaba has realigned its technology resources and strategies. It has strengthened remote working capabilities of its global workforce to ensure minimum impact on productivity and enabled its digital collaboration platforms, DingTalk, for its clients to track employees, their health status, and transport.
- Alibaba is adopting an omnichannel strategy to enable anytime, anywhere, and on any device user experience, and to enable that it is adopting a range of capabilities, online & mobile banking, and payment platforms. It is also focusing on making strategic upgrades to its e-commerce business, Tmall, to adopt the smart Internet trends for future growth and help enable an integrated retail business model.
Reasons to Buy
- Gain insights into Alibaba's tech operations.
- Gain insights into its tech strategies and innovation initiatives.
- Gain insights into its technology themes under focus.
- Gain insights into various product launches, partnerships, investments and acquisition strategies.
Table of Contents
- Digital Transformation Strategy
- Accelerator/Incubator Other Innovation Programs
- Technology Focus
- Technology Initiatives
- Alibaba Entrepreneurs Fund
- Venture Investments
- Alibaba Investment
- Partnership, Acquisition Network Map
- ICT Budgets Contracts
- Key Executives
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Colt Technology Services
- Automated Systems Limited
- ABC Data
- SAIC Motor
- Perfect Corp
- Knowtions Research
- Xiaopeng Motors
- Raspect Intelligence Inspection