This issue of Sensor Technology Opportunity Engine covers innovations in LiDAR, sensors in wearables, magnetic sensing and cameras. Some of the advancements profiled include wide range HVAC sensing, sensors for air quality visualization, sweat sensing, haptic sensing, livestock tags, surveillance cameras, and current sensing.
Sensor Technology Opportunity Engine (TOE) captures global sensor-related innovations and developments on a monthly basis. Innovations are directed toward developing smart and intelligent sensors with functionalities beyond sensing. Research focus areas include: low power sensors (energy harvesting), industrial automation sensors (M2M, vision sensor), ubiquitous sensor (WSN, sensor fusion), smart sensors (wearables, quantified self), high sensitivity and smaller size (MEMS, nanosensors), and improved security (CBRNE, terahertz). The need for low power, smaller, lighter sensors with enhanced performance attributes and minimal false alarms is driving innovations in the sensors space.
The Sensors and Instrumentation cluster covers innovations pertaining to technologies such as wireless sensors and networks, energy harvesting, haptics and touch, MEMS and nanosensors, Terahertz, ubiquitous/smart sensors, CBRNE, quantified-self, sensor fusion, M2M communications, and drones.
1. Innovations in Sensor Technologies
- Superior Sensor Technology, US- Growth Opportunities
- Wootzano, UK - Growth Opportunities
- Acconeer, AB - Growth Opportunities
- Airly Inc., US - Growth Opportunities
- California Institute Of Technology, US, Peking University, China - Growth Opportunities
- US Army Research Laboratory, US - Growth Opportunities
- Korea Institute Of Science And Technology, Korea - Growth Opportunities
- Quantified Ag, US - Growth Opportunities
- Renesas Electronics Corporation, Japan - Growth Opportunities
- Voith Group, Germany - Growth Opportunities
- Crocus Technology Inc., US - Growth Opportunities
- National Institute Of Standards & Technology, US - Growth Opportunities
- Infineon Technologies Ag, Germany - Growth Opportunities
- UCLA & Stanford University, US - Growth Opportunities
2. Key Contacts