The October 2020 edition of Mobility Technology Opportunity Engine (TOE) covers innovations in e-axles, air sterilizers, smart cruise control, radars, and autonomous vehicles. Some of the innovations profiled include e-axles for electric cars, air sterilizers for buses, noise cancellations, smart cruise control, electric vehicle batteries, radar sensors, tire monitoring sensors, and driver behavior modelling for autonomous vehicles.
The purpose of the Mobility Technology TOE is to raise awareness of global technology innovations in self-propelled ground-based mobile platforms that are not only technically significant, but potentially offering commercial value. Each monthly TOE provides subscribers valuable descriptions and analyses of 10 noteworthy innovations. The main focus is on highway-licensed motor vehicles (light, medium and heavy). Passenger cars, trucks, buses, motorcycles, scooters and railway locomotives are within the product scope, energized by any fuel. Many of the innovations concern powertrains (internal combustion engines, turbines, battery electrics, fuel cell electrics, hybrid-electrics), as well as drivetrains (including transmissions), interiors--seating and displays, advanced materials--as for body/chassis, wireless connectivity, and self-driving technology that is currently receiving so much attention. The A&T TOE outlines and evaluates each innovation, notes which organizations and developers are involved, projects the likely timing for commercialization, furnishes a patent analysis, and provides valuable strategic insights for industry stakeholders.
The Advanced Manufacturing and Automation (AMA) Cluster covers technologies that enable clean, lean and flexible manufacturing and industrial automation. Technologies such as three-dimensional (3D) and four-dimensional (4D) printing, wireless sensors and networks, information and communication technology, multimaterial joining, composites manufacturing, digital manufacturing, micro- and nano-manufacturing, lasers, advanced software, and printing techniques, are covered as part of this cluster. The technologies covered here impact a wide range of industries, such as the impact semiconductor, automotive and transportation, aerospace and defense, industrial, healthcare, logistics, and electronics industries.
1. Innovations in Mobility
- NIDEC Corporation, Japan - Growth Opportunities
- Valeo Thermal Commercial Vehicles, Inc., US - Growth Opportunities
- Jaguar Land Rover Automotive Plc, UK - Growth Opportunities
- Fortellix, Israel - Growth Opportunities
- Skoda Auto A.S., Czech Republic - Growth Opportunities
- Michigan Technological University - Growth Opportunities
- Princeton University, US - Growth Opportunities
- Polytechnic University of Valencia, Spain - Growth Opportunities
- Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL), US - Growth Opportunities
- University Of Science And Technology Of China, China - Growth Opportunities
- RFISEE Ltd., Israel - Growth Opportunities
- Continental AG, Germany - Growth Opportunities
- SilentSensors, UK - Growth Opportunities
- Karlsruhe Institute Of Technology, Germany - Growth Opportunities
- Delft University Of Technology, Netherlands - Growth Opportunities
2. Key Contacts