1h Free Analyst TimeWePay is a US-based online payment service provider that enables ecommerce platforms, marketplaces, and crowdfunding platforms to accept payments for products and services offered through their websites and mobile apps.
Speak directly to the analyst to clarify any post sales queries you may have.
Founded in the US in 2008, it expanded to Canada in 2015 and to the UK in 2016. It was acquired by JPMorgan Chase in October 2017. WePay serves a number of businesses globally, including online merchants, marketplaces, and platforms.
The solution enables clients to accept a wide range of web-based payments through Apple Pay, bank accounts, and payment cards from major scheme providers including Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover. In addition to payment processing, WePay helps online marketplaces manage payouts between sellers and assists with the onboarding of individual merchants. It also enables merchants to accept in-store payments via mobile point of sale (POS) terminals.
WePay is also partnering with businesses to introduce new products and services. In March 2021, WePay partnered with US-based accounts payable solutions provider Nexus to launch NexusDirect - a payment solution enabling Nexus’ SME clients in the real estate segment to accept payments via virtual cards
The report provides information and insights into WePay including:
- Detailed insight into its business
- Comprehensive coverage of its products and services
- Comparative assessment with key alternative payment solutions
- The company's important events and milestones
- In 2008, WePay was founded in the US.
- In September 2019, WePay launched a new suite of integrated payment solutions including Link, Clear, and Core. It also launched same-day deposits to Chase bank accounts, allowing businesses to receive their payments faster.
- In December 2019, WePay partnered with accounts receivable automation platform Invoiced. This allows Invoiced to offer faster invoice payments to its 23,000 clients.
- In May 2020, WePay added new features to its Card Present Solutions, enabling ISVs and software platforms to offer in-person and online payment processing to their customers.
- In March 2021, WePay partnered with US-based accounts payable solutions provider Nexus to launch NexusDirect - a payment solution enabling Nexus’ SME clients in the real estate segment to accept payments via virtual cards.
Reasons to Buy
- Gain insights into WePay's business operations and key events.
- Gain insights into its product portfolio and revenue model.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the alternative payments industry by comparing its performance against competitors.
Table of Contents
- Revenue Model
- WePay Integration Process
- Products and Services
- Significant Events
- Partner Businesses
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- American Express