The Report LEDs and the worldwide market for connected lighting is the ideal prosecution of nine previous editions of “LEDs and the worldwide lighting market” (2010-2018) and “LEDs and the worldwide lighting market (and Beyond)“ (2019). It can be considered a 11th edition.
This Report is mainly based on around 200 interviews with manufacturers and retailers of lighting fixtures worldwide during the first half of 2020, statistical data and 30-year experience of the publisher in the lighting fixtures industry.
The Report, of 180 pages, is structured in 10 chapters.
The Report provides in the first chapter estimated data on consumption of total lighting and LED-based lighting for the years 2013-2019 and forecasts for the years 2020-2023. After an analysis of world trade of lighting fixtures and lamps (second chapter) a quantification in volume of main products and reference prices is provided. Products include downlights, recessed, spotlights, lamps, panels, strips, linear lighting, decorative luminaires, suspensions, wall washers, high bays, steps and bollards, outdoor projectors, pole mounted (third chapter).
An analysis of main destinations follows (fourth chapter): Residential/Consumer, Hospitality, Retail, Office, Institutional, Healthcare, Art & Museum, Industrial, Hazardous environment, Architectural outdoor lighting, Street and Tunnel lighting.
Estimated stock of LED lighting and connected items is provided in chapter five.
Follow an analysis of distribution channels (projects, specialists, lifestyle, DIY, wholesalers, e-commerce) and profitability (EBITDA, ROE, ROI) for around 50 players (chapters six and seven).
Chapter 8 shows market shares of top 50 players for LED Lighting (as a whole), and by segment: Residential and Hospitality, Office/Healthcare/public premises, Retail/Entertainment/Art&Museums, Industrial, Residential/Architectural outdoor, Street/Area/Tunnel lighting.
Chapter 9 shows market shares of top 50 players in the LED lighting arena by geographic area: Europe, Russia/Turkey and CIS Countries, Middle East and Africa, United States and Canada, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Japan, India, China.
A note on main suppliers for the LED lighting industry is provided as chapter 10.
The geographical classification of the 70 monitored countries is as follows:
- North America: Canada and the United States;
- Latin America: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Venezuela;
- European Union (28) + Norway and Switzerland: Austria, Belgium (including Luxembourg), Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom;
- Russia, Serbia, Turkey and CIS Countries: Belarus, Kazakhstan, Russia, Serbia, Turkey, Ukraine;
- Asia and Pacific; Australia, Indonesia, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam;
- Middle East and Africa: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates;
Considered segments and products
- Residential/Consumer lighting fixtures includes indoor products such as floor and table lighting, suspensions, chandeliers, wall lighting, but also spot lights or downlights when used for application in the house. Residential outdoor is aggregated in the “Outdoor” segment and should account not much more than 5% on a total (indoor+outdoor) residential lighting market.
- Commercial/Architectural lighting fixtures includes indoor products for Hospitality (hotels, restaurants.), Offices, Shops (“big box”, luxury), museums and other places of entertainment, Institutions and big infrastructures (schools, airports…), including downlights, low and high voltage spotlights and professional projectors, decorative lighting with size or other characteristics designed for markets like hotels, shops, offices, restaurants.
- Industrial lighting fixtures includes indoor products for industrial plants, warehouses, weather resistant and explosion-proof lighting, emergency lighting, marine and healthcare lighting.
- Outdoor lighting fixtures includes garden lighting and architectural lighting for common spaces in residential building (together as “Residential”), architectural lighting for city centres (“city beautification”), street lighting and lighting for major roads (pole mounted), lighting for tunnels and galleries, campus/area lighting (sporting plants, petrol stations, and other “large area” spaces), Christmas and special events lighting.
- Lighting controls
BASIC DATA AND ACTIVITY TREND
- Lighting industry at a glance and breakdown of total lighting market by segment
- LED lighting evolution, 2013-2023
- Total Lighting fixtures and LED-based Lighting fixtures consumption by country/ geographic area, 2013-2019 estimated data and 2020-2023 forecasts
- Export and Imports of Lighting fixtures in 70 countries grouped by geographical areas, 2014-2019
- Exports and imports of LED lamps in 70 countries, 2017-2019
- World trade of lighting fixtures and lamps, 2014-2020
- LED-based Lighting. Reference prices by main products
- Estimated consumption of lighting fixtures and lamps by products and by price range: Total, LED-based and Traditional Lighting. Values, average prices and quantities
- Estimated sales breakdown by product for a sample of 50 LED lighting manufacturers
SEGMENTS AND APPLICATIONS
- Estimated consumption of lighting fixtures by segments and destinations: Total and LED-based Lighting. Residential/Consumer Indoor Lighting, Commercial/Architectural Indoor Lighting, Industrial Lighting, Outdoor Lighting
ESTIMATED STOCK OF LED LIGHTING AND CONNECTED ITEMS
PROJECTS, WHOLESALES AND OTHER DISTRIBUTIONS CHANNELS
WORLDWIDE COMPETITION: TOP PLAYERS BY SEGMENT/APPLICATION
- Total LED lighting market: Top 50 players. Estimated LED lighting sales and market shares of the top players in the lighting market for the following applications: Residential/Consumer and Hospitality; Office, Healthcare, Schools and other Public premises; Retail, Art & Museum, Entertainment solutions; Industrial applications; Outdoor Residential, Architectural and Christmas Lighting; Street lighting, Tunnel and Area Lighting; LED Lamps; Smart lighting controls
REGIONAL REPORTS: ACTIVITY TREND AND MARKET SHARES
- For each country or geographical area considered in this report: evolution of LED-based lighting fixtures sales, 2013-2019 estimated data and 2020-2023 forecasts; estimated LED-based lighting fixtures sales and market shares for the major players (Ranking)
- Suppliers of packaged LED and chips; Suppliers of drivers