Change and configuration management is being implemented by organizations to guide the long term health of their assets and products. An organization's ability to respond quickly to product opportunities depends at least partly on its ability to manage an inventory of assets and rapidly configure and produce products from that inventory. The market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 11% over the forecast period (2021 - 2026).
The change and configuration management market is further gaining traction across various end-user industries. The increased adoption of configuration management is mainly attributed to multiple benefits such as a significant reduction in cost as it decreases redundant duplication, provides faster problem solutions, thereby offering a better quality of service. It provides powerful development for large enterprises, cloud service providers, and midmarket clients.
- Every organization needs to define its own conventions for unique identification. One general convention most often is not enough; typically, a number of conventions are necessary for various classes of configuration items, such as certificates, documents, and code. Owing to this, several market incumbents are collaborating to cater to the specified market demand.
- For instance, in June 2020, Sectigo, a provider of automated digital identity management and web security solutions, integrated its Certificate Manager platform with the cloud-based digital workflows platform ServiceNow. With the Sectigo Certificate App for ServiceNow, IT teams can manage large inventories of certificates in the ServiceNow IT Service Management (ITSM) portal and automate the end-to-end lifecycle of certificates at scale.
- Also, in May 2020, Microsoft announced the establishment of a new monthly update channel plus plans to rename existing update channels for organizations using the Microsoft 365 Apps service, formerly known as Office 365 ProPlus. Microsoft is further recommending using its latest update configuration and management tools, which will reflect the new channel name changes in June 2020.
- Further, with the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, the demand for secure and managed IT infrastructures is surging. With most of the workstations transitioning to remote workplaces, the need to constantly monitor logs to ensure that there is no suspicious activity is increasing to ensure that the confidential files are not being accessed with the help of log management. This is further anticipated to propel the studied market's demand in the foreseen period.
Key Market Trends
Increasing Demand of Auto- Scaling and Endpoint security in BFSI sector is Fueling the Growth
- Several banks are leveraging cloud concepts like auto-scaling groups that can automatically respond to load by scaling the number of machines up or down. Unlike the snowflake server setup, provisioning these new machines is automatic using the scripts. Configuration management can run faster than a sysadmin manually entering commands, reducing latency of spinning up a new machine.
- In May 2020, Red Hat, Inc., the provider of open source solutions, announced that Asiakastieto Group, a Helsinki-based fintech company, is using Red Hat solutions to build its new account information service, Account Insight, on an open banking platform. The firm uses Red Hat OpenShift for faster time to market and Red Hat Integration to centrally manage data sharing with business customers to deliver the most relevant, timely offerings to end consumers.
- Red Hat 3scale API Management provided Asiakastieto with a centralized, more secure interface to connect banks and credit grantors and to enable test and launch of changes via configuration, removing the need to build and redeploy code, which was disruptive to business.
- Further, according to data reported in the upper house of parliament, Rajya Sabha, India, 1,367 frauds were reported in FY 2016-17, 2,127 in FY 2017-18, and 1,477 frauds in FY 2018-19 with regards to ATM/debit card, credit card, and internet banking transactions. Owing to the increasing number of banking frauds, there is an increased need to protect all endpoints. This requirement is addressed by managing device configurations so that updates and patches are kept current, and by making sure that any drift from baseline safe configuration or any policy violation is immediately flagged and analyzed for unwanted, unauthorized, or malicious incidents.
- Due to the current market scenario, the studied market is further expected to register optimistic growth rates in the foreseen period.
Asia-Pacific to Witness the Highest Growth Over the Forecast Period
- India is considered a very demanding country for change management, as companies seek to enable easy access to accurate records, safeguard companies against cybersecurity threats, and perform essential functions like reducing outages and breaches and reducing costs.
- The increasing amount of IT infrastructure across China has enabled the focus of various industries towards configuration management. Optimization of IT assets maintenance to prevent inconsistencies has been driving the demand for change management software solutions in the region.
- Japan is the ideal nation in the APAC region for configuration management solutions, as 99.7% of functional industries fall under the small and medium enterprise (SME) segment, as reported by the Small and Medium Enterprise Agency (SMEA) of Japan. SMEs, due to their budgetary constraints and low IT infrastructures have preferred low to medium cost solutions, like change management software over ERP solutions.
- Asia-Pacific region is becoming one of the fastest-growing regions for the change and configuration management industry. As global companies expand their reach into the Asia Pacific and increase their investments into IT strategies, Configuration management is emerging as the solution to help them tackle common difficulties that arise when dealing with global teams, new expansion regions, and an influx of data.
The major players in the change and configuration management market are IBM Corporation, Microsoft Corporation, Hewlett-Packard Company, Amazon Web Services, and BMC Software, among others. The market is consolidated, as it is dominated by these major players. Hence, market concentration is expected to be high.
- May 2020 - Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise company, announced the integration of Aruba ClearPass Policy Manager with Microsoft endpoint protection platforms to deliver significant advances in enterprise cyberattack protection. Aruba has completed the integration, testing, and verification of ClearPass Policy Manager with Microsoft Endpoint Manager, a unified management platform that includes Configuration Manager and Microsoft Intune
- March 2020 - BMC Software Inc. announced the new v20.02 version of BMC Helix, which includes the features like BMC Helix Remediate Integrations that provide blind spot detection and closed-loop change and enhanced configuration management.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
This product will be delivered within 2 business days.
1.2 Scope of the Study
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis?
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers?
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers?
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants?
4.2.4 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry?
4.2.5 Threat of Substitute Products?
4.3 COVID-19 Impact on the Market
5.1.1 Rapid Increase in Adoption of Digital Transformation by Organizations
5.1.2 Automated Management of IT Resources
5.2 Market Restraints
5.2.1 Diverse Requirements in an Enterprise Application
6.2 By Organization Type
6.2.1 Small and Medium Scale
6.2.2 Large Scale
6.3.4 Telecom and IT
6.3.5 Other End-User Industry
6.4.1 North America
6.4.3 Asia Pacific
6.4.4 Rest of World
7.1.1 Amazon Web Services
7.1.2 Ansible (Red Hat, Inc.)
7.1.3 BMC Software Inc.
7.1.4 CA Technologies (Broadcom Inc.)
7.1.5 Chef Software, Inc.
7.1.6 Codenvy, Inc.
7.1.7 Hewlett-Packard Enterprise Company
7.1.8 IBM Corporation
7.1.9 Microsoft Corporation
7.1.11 Servicenow Inc.
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Amazon Web Services
- Ansible (Red Hat, Inc.)
- BMC Software Inc.
- CA Technologies (Broadcom Inc.)
- Chef Software, Inc.
- Codenvy, Inc.
- Hewlett-Packard Enterprise Company
- IBM Corporation
- Microsoft Corporation
- Servicenow Inc.