Load break switch refers to a disconnect switch whose function is to make or break the electrical connection at certain specified levels of current. A load break switch is generally used for medium voltage level systems for the purpose of switching and protection. The load break switch market is expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 4.3% during the forecast period 2021-2026. Factors such as the growing power generation sector, refurbishment of aging power infrastructure, and increased investment in the power distribution sector are expected to drive the load break switch market, globally. In addition, the growing renewable-based power generation is predicted to boost the demand for load break switches. However, factors such as delays in T&D projects in various countries coupled with the negative impact of COVID-19 on the power sector are expected to hinder the growth of the market.
- The utility segment is expected to dominate in the market during the forecast period owing to the expansion and refurbishment projects in the utility sector.
- The digital transformation of utilities is likely to improve the efficiency of power generation and the transmission and distribution of electricity. Thus, digitalization of electric utilities is likely to provide an opportunity for this market in the near future.
- Asia-Pacific is expected to have fastest growth in the load break switch market during the forecast period.
Key Market Trends
Utilities Segment to Dominate in the Market
- The utility segment is estimated to dominate the market for load break switches over the forecast period. The market for the utility segment is driven by the investments being made by electric utilities on refurbishing the existing electrical infrastructure to avoid power failures and deterioration of the existing electrical infrastructure.
- Gas (SF6) insulated load break switch is estimated to have the largest share in the market owing to meet the increasing requirement of the electric utility industry, providing safe operation. SF6 load break switches are used in power distribution grids.
- Based on the installation type, it is projected that the outdoor segment is expected to hold a larger share of the load break switch market, owing to its increased implementation in utility projects like transformers, railway, gas, water, electric, sewer systems, etc. across the globe.
- The European Union countries are making significant improvements in renewable energy infrastructure to increase the proportion of renewable energy in the overall energy mix which requires a huge inflow of capital in power generation and transmission infrastructure which in turn likely to drive the demand for load break switches.
- In addition to this, grid expansion and refurbishment projects in emerging and developed nations across the globe are expected to boost the load break switch market in the coming years.
Asia-Pacific is Expected to Witness Significant Growth
- The Asia-Pacific region witnessed an exponential growth in power plant installation projects, especially in major countries such as India, Japan, and China. With the increase in demand for power, there is an increase in power generation projects that pushes the need for load break switches in power generation sites. With these countries in the region, investing in major power generation and grid upgrade plans is expected to command a major share of the market.
- The gas-insulated type is gaining increased popularity, owing to its ease of maintenance and longer life cycles. With countries in the region focusing on large-scale renewable energy projects, the gas-insulated type is expected to command a larger market share among the different types of load break switches.
- With remote grid access being another major agenda in these countries, remote power generation projects also contribute to the growth of the load break switch markets. The market is expected to witness a huge opportunity through the digitization of the utility sector in the region.
The load break switch market is fragmented. Some of the major key players in the market include Schneider Electric SE, ABB Ltd, Fuji Electric FA Components & Systems Co., Ltd., SOCOMEC, and Rockwell Automation, Inc.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
This product will be delivered within 2 business days.
Table of Contents
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Study Assumptions
4.2 Market Size and Demand Forecast in USD biliion, till 2025
4.3 Recent Trends and Developments
4.4 Government Policies and Regulations
4.5 Market Dynamics
4.6 Supply Chain Analysis
4.7 Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.7.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.7.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.7.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.7.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.7.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5.4.1 North America
5.4.4 South America
5.4.5 Middle-East and Africa
6.2 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.3 Company Profiles
6.3.1 Schneider Electric SE
6.3.2 ABB Ltd
6.3.3 Fuji Electric FA Components & Systems Co., Ltd.
6.3.5 Rockwell Automation, Inc.
6.3.6 ENSTO Oy
6.3.7 Lucy Electric UK Ltd.
6.3.8 Safvolt Switchgears Private Limited
6.3.9 KATKO Oy
6.3.10 LARSEN & TOUBRO LIMITED
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Schneider Electric SE
- ABB Ltd
- Fuji Electric FA Components & Systems Co., Ltd.
- Rockwell Automation, Inc.
- ENSTO Oy
- Lucy Electric UK Ltd.
- Safvolt Switchgears Private Limited
- KATKO Oy
- LARSEN & TOUBRO LIMITED