The Land Professional Mobile Radio Market is witnessing substantial growth, driven by an increasing emphasis on improvements in communication technologies within sectors such as law enforcement, public safety, transportation, utilities, manufacturing, and healthcare.
The rise in natural disasters and the increasing frequency of accidents across the globe have amplified the importance of reliable communication systems such as Land Mobile Radio (LMR) systems. These enhanced systems offer benefits like spectral efficiency and robustness that are crucial for emergency response organizations. In addition, the transition to digital LMRs due to their increased voice quality and better battery performance has fueled the market's expansion, making it a promising sector for potential investors.
On top of a burgeoning demand in law enforcement and public safety applications, it's important to note the growing adoption of LMR systems across a variety of civilian sectors. These systems provide secure and swift communication services in a wide range of environments, enhancing real-time information exchange and decision-making capabilities. With governments globally investing in their surveillance and communication systems, the reliability and efficacy of LMR solutions have never been more pertinent.
This report offers a comprehensive analysis of trends and growth opportunities in the Land Professional Mobile Radio Market, providing valuable insights for stakeholders to take informed decisions for future investments. Stay ahead in the market by gaining an in-depth understanding of the rapid transformations and strategic developments within key industry verticals.
- The digital technology market is driving the growth of this market. For instance, TETRA has excellent spectrum efficiency and critical communication features such as security, short call set-up time; voice calls feature set, and high-speed data services. Moreover, TETRA does not require broadband data, increasing its use in public safety communications networks and manufacturing sectors.
- Around the world, public safety organizations like fire departments, emergency medical services (EMS), and police departments are adopting land mobile radio (LMR) systems in a variety of locations, including hotels, manufacturing plants, warehouses, and theme parks. These systems' capacity to provide trustworthy and quick communication services is among the key elements promoting acceptance. As a result, the global market for land mobile radio (LMR) systems is growing as more people embrace these systems.
- The number of natural disasters, such as earthquakes, floods, storms, and landslides, has increased over the past several years. Additionally, accidents on the roads and at work are becoming more frequent worldwide. These elements have increased the workload for various emergency response organizations worldwide. These organizations have recently started using LMR radio systems because of their spectral efficiency and robustness. The market for professional mobile radio (LMR) systems is experiencing development potential due to this factor.
- Due to the increased voice quality and battery performance of these newest devices, organizations from a variety of end-use industries are increasingly choosing to replace their outdated systems with digital LMRs. As a result, the land mobile radio (LMR) systems market is growing as more people adopt technological developments worldwide.
- Numerous sectors saw a dramatic change in their operations as a result of the COVID-19 epidemic. The market for land mobile radio (LMR) systems has been significantly impacted by China's quick closure of its industry in an effort to stop the COVID-19 outbreak. Additionally, this pattern persisted in Europe and North America regions, where factories temporarily shut down due to the COVID-19 outbreak. It is anticipated that businesses will spend less on new product development and technological advancement in the upcoming years due to their losses.
Land Professional Mobile Radio Market Trends
Law Enforcement Agencies are Expected to Witness Significant Growth
- One of the primary tasks of law enforcement agencies is to maintain law and order and protect citizens and the critical infrastructure of the state. In law and enforcement, the lives of others depend on the ability to respond quickly to a critical situation and coordinate actions using timely and accurate information.
- The demand for LMR is continuously rising due to its quick and secure transmissions in a broad spectrum of environments. Moreover, mission-critical communication has supported law enforcement organizations to stream video and access data in real-time. Therefore it also improves decision-making capabilities by incorporating video streaming and data applications.
- Governments across regions are investing in enhancing their surveillance and communication systems. For instance, the Netherland Government has already deployed a significant number of radios, which include 57,000 hand-portable terminals and 10,000 SRG3900 mobiles radios for public safety vehicles for its regional police forces. Hence, these investments are evident across regions and indicate the increasing reliance on LMR solutions for public safety purposes.
- In August last year - The Parana Public Safety Secretariat and Motorola Solutions, Inc. signed a contract to upgrade the public-safety communications infrastructure in Parana, Brazil. The agreement will allow the police departments in the Latin American nation to modernize their dated communications infrastructure and improve coordination for mission-critical applications. According to the agreement, Motorola will enable sophisticated digitally encrypted radio communications based on the P25 standard to offer a secure and reliable private communications system. The P25 standards offer interoperable digital two-way radio products and digital Land Mobile Radio services for local, state, and federal (federal) public safety organizations and agencies.
North America holds the Largest Market Share for this Market
- The rapid demand for LMR solutions is fuelling the growth of this market. The united states have 12 agencies that function under the Public Safety Department. Moreover, it has a public safety department for each State and a few private institutes and firms following its public safety initiative.
- The high adoption of innovative LMR solutions and rapid investment in extensive research works are driving the growth of this market. Moreover, P25, a group of standards for digital mobile radio communications in North America, provides the capability to transfer voice and data, which is very useful for any public safety organization. Furthermore, different government initiatives are also propelling the growth of this market. For instance, the Ontario government in Canada invested USD 765 million to rebuild the core components of the aging Public Safety Radio Network (PSRN).
- In November last year, throughout the northeastern U.S. state of Massachusetts, the Massachusetts State Police (MSP) handled safety and law enforcement operations. To replace dated systems that were challenging to maintain, MSP opted to develop a new statewide land mobile radio (LMR) trunked system. Compared to the outdated analog trunked system, the land portable radio system can offer improved coverage, capacity, and dependability. The Massachusetts Department of Correction and other regional and local public-safety organizations may be allowed to join the system, which would improve their radio communications and interoperability with MSP.
- Large distribution channels, reliable surveillance systems, and established industry connections are what Tier I corporations typically provide in this sector. However, small, specialist rivals might increase their market share with customized products for particular industry sectors, like retail or airports.
- Major vendors in this market focus on incorporating intelligent solutions to provide a unique customer experience. Moreover, players have been engaging in several mergers and acquisitions to increase their reach and maintain competition.
Land Professional Mobile Radio Market Competitor AnalysisThe competitive rivalry in the market is high owing to the presence of some key players, which include Harris Corporation, Sepura PLC, BK Technologies, Inc, Hytera Communications Corporation Limited, etc. The market appears to be moderately concentrated, with the market players moving towards providing innovative products through extensive investments in research and development that can offer them a competitive advantage over other players in the market. In July 2022, Introducing its portfolio of professional mobile radios with 5G, digital portable radio (DMR), and LTE technologies, Hytera, the top provider of professional communications equipment and solutions, made the announcement. Distributors and dealers from Hytera, as well as local media members, were present at the event. In Indonesia, which is experiencing an optimistic economic rebound, the new devices are intended to ensure the efficient running of enterprises and governmental organizations in various indoor and outdoor work conditions. The AP & BP Series business radios, H Series DMR radios, Push-to-Talk over Cellular (PoC) radios, and Body Worn Camera are all part of the new line of professional radios.
Additional benefits of purchasing the report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
This product will be delivered within 2 business days.
Table of Contents
1.2 Scope of the Study
4.2 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter Five Forces
4.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.4 Impact of COVID-19 on the Market
5.1.1 Increase in Defense Expenditure and Increasing Demand for Military Communication Equipment
5.1.2 Migration from Analog to Digital Systems
5.2 Market Restraints
5.2.1 Limitations in the Spectrum Bandwidth
6.2 Application Type
6.2.3 Military & Defense
6.2.4 Law Enforcement Agencies
6.2.5 Emergency and Medical Services
6.3.1 North America
22.214.171.124 United States
126.96.36.199 Rest of Europe
6.3.3 Asia Pacific
188.8.131.52 Rest of APAC
6.3.4 Latin America
184.108.40.206 Rest of Latin America
6.3.5 Middle East and Africa
220.127.116.11 Saudi Arabia
18.104.22.168 South Africa
22.214.171.124 Rest of Middle East and Africa
7.1.1 Hytera Communications Corporation Ltd
7.1.2 ICOM Inc.
7.1.3 L3Harris Technologies, Inc.
7.1.4 Leonardo SpA
7.1.5 Motorola Solutions, Inc.
7.1.6 Simoco Wireless Solutions Limited
7.1.7 Tait Communications
7.1.8 Thales Group
7.1.9 Sepura Limited
7.1.10 BK Technologies, Inc.
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Hytera Communications Corporation Ltd
- ICOM Inc.
- L3Harris Technologies, Inc.
- Leonardo SpA
- Motorola Solutions, Inc.
- Simoco Wireless Solutions Limited
- Tait Communications
- Thales Group
- Sepura Limited
- BK Technologies, Inc.