The Land Professional Mobile Radio Market is expected to register a CAGR of 11.3% during the forecast period (2021 - 2026). The market has been witnessing positive growth owing to the rapidly increasing focus towards the improvement of communication technologies among the law enforcement agencies and public safety organizations. Moreover, LMR systems are also majorly being used in transportation, utilities, manufacturing, healthcare, among other industry verticals.
- The digital technology market is driving the growth of this market. For instance, TETRA has excellent spectrum efficiency and have critical communication features such as security, short call set-up time, voice calls feature set, and high-speed data services. Moreover, TETRA does not require any broadband data, which increases the use of this in public safety communications networks and different manufacturing sectors.
- Major Vendors in this market are continuously innovating their products to create a unique differentiation from its competitors. For instance, in 2020, Hytera Communications launched intelligent multi-mode advanced radios by integrating intelligent technology solutions to provide mission-critical voice and broadband data on the same device. However, limitations of spectrum bandwidth and high costs of manufacturing LMR are significant challenges for any vendor in this market.
- Governments across multiple regions are investing in order to enhance their surveillance and communication systems. For instance, the Boston Police Department(BPD) invested in the full spectrum of public safety which accounts to almost 3.8% or USD 14.6 million increase over the previous fiscal year.
- As part of their mission to safeguard the citizens, BPD was reported to be focusing on new technological improvements, including the rollout of additional mobile devices, security upgrades at the evidence storage facility, additional automatic license plate recognition cameras, and alsothe department-wide USD 56 million radio replacement project. Such investments are evident across regions and are indicative of the increasing reliance on technology solutions.
- As of Aug 2020, progress was being made to procure a new Statewide Law Enforcement Radio System (SLERS) in state of Florida, also the state officials said that they are continuing the talks with the current SLERS vendor L3Harris about the extension of the existing SLERS contract that is scheduled to expire in nine months. These type of opportunities are being leveraged by the vendors in the market to expand their client base.
- Also in Aug 2020, Motorola Solutions cited that there are encouraging signs in the video-security and command-center software arenas while also stating a slowdown in the new land-mobile-radio (LMR) business as the enterprises and public-safety entities across the globe have been negatively impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Key Market Trends
Law Enforcement Agencies are Expected to Witness Significant Growth
- One of the primary tasks of law enforcement agencies is to maintain law and order, protect citizens, and critical infrastructure of the state. In law and enforcement, the lives of others depend on the ability to respond quickly to a critical situation and coordinate the actions using timely and accurate information.
- The demand for LMR is continuously rising due to its quick and secure transmissions in a broad spectrum of environments. Moreover, mission-critical communication has been supporting law enforcement organizations to stream video and access data in real-time. Therefore it also improves decision-making capabilities through the incorporation of video streaming and data applications.
- Governments across regions are investing in enhancing their surveillance and communication systems. For instance, the Netherland Government has already deployed a significant number of radios, which include 57,000 hand-portable terminals and 10,000 SRG3900 mobiles radios for public safety vehicles for its regional police forces. Hence these investments are evident across regions and are indicative of the increasing reliance on LMR solutions for any public safety purposes.
- In 2019, Motorola Solutions completed its agreement with the Berlin Police Force to deploy 20,000 LMR solutions at the German Federal State of Berlin. Under this agreement, Motorola Solutions will offer repair, technical support, and management services for the deployed TETRA radios for the Berlin Police forces. This agreement will help these organizations to reduce their downtime and also improves their efficiency for any future requirements.
North America holds the Largest Market Share for this Market
- The rapid demand for LMR solutions is fuelling the growth of this market. The united states have 12 agencies that function under the Public Safety Department. Moreover, it has a public safety department for each State and a few private institutes and firms that are following their public safety initiative.
- The high adoption of innovative LMR solutions and rapid investment in extensive research works are driving the growth of this market. Moreover, P25, a group of standards for digital mobile radio communications in North America, provides the capability to transfer voice and data, which is very useful for any public safety organization. Furthermore, different government initiatives are also propelling the growth of this market. For instance, the Ontario government in Canada invested USD 765 million to rebuild core components of the aging Public Safety Radio Network (PSRN).
- Major vendors in this market are focusing on incorporating intelligent solutions to provide a unique experience for its customers. For instance, in 2020, Ericsson deployed a mission-critical-push-to-talk (MCPTT) solution to Southern Linc, a regional carrier based out of the southeast US. However, Ericsson also completed its agreement to acquire Gennaker, which will strengthen Ericsson’s MC-PTT offering for mission-critical communications.
The competitive rivalry for the market is high owing to the presence of some key players for this market, which includes Harris Corporation, Sepura PLC, BK Technologies, Inc, Hytera Communications Corporation Limited, etc. The market appears to be moderately concentrated with the market players moving towards providing innovative products through extensive investments in the research and development that can offer them a competitive advantage over other players in the market.
- June 2020: Sepura PLC completed its strategic agreement with Mexico city Police to provide Sepura SC20 and STP9200 models for their help in the public safety process. Moreover, the smart user interface of SC20 and STP9200 helped Mexico city police to complete their tasks efficiently and quickly.
- Oct 2019: Tait Communications expanded its TP9000 by introducing two new products (TP9500, TP9600) in its existing product line. This product is incorporated with active noise cancelation features, which can help the first responders and other users to work efficiently in high-noise workplaces.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
This product will be delivered within 2 business days.
1.2 Scope of the Study
4.2 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porters 5 Force Analysis
4.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.4 Impact of COVID-19 on the Market
5.1.1 Increase in Defense Expenditure And Increasing Demand for Military Communication Equipment
5.1.2 Migration from Analog to Digital Systems
5.2 Market Restraints
5.2.1 Limitations in the Spectrum Bandwidth
6.2 Application Type
6.2.3 Military & Defense
6.2.4 Law Enforcement Agencies
6.2.5 Emergency and Medical Services
6.3.1 North America
6.3.3 Asia Pacific
6.3.4 Latin America
6.3.5 Middle East and Africa
7.1.1 Hytera Communications Corporation Ltd
7.1.2 ICOM Inc.
7.1.3 L3Harris Technologies, Inc.
7.1.4 Leonardo SpA
7.1.5 Motorola Solutions, Inc.
7.1.6 Simoco Wireless Solutions Limited
7.1.7 Tait Communications
7.1.8 Thales Group
7.1.9 Sepura Limited
7.1.10 BK Technologies, Inc.
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Hytera Communications Corporation Ltd
- ICOM Inc.
- L3Harris Technologies, Inc.
- Leonardo SpA
- Motorola Solutions, Inc.
- Simoco Wireless Solutions Limited
- Tait Communications
- Thales Group
- Sepura Limited
- BK Technologies, Inc.