North America personal care appliances market is forecasted to grow at a CAGR of 4.35% during the forecast period (2021-2026).
- The market is driven by rising consumer interest in health and wellness leading to the growth in personal care appliances. The increased focus on beauty and personal care products is one of the major factors driving the personal care appliances tools across the region.
- Further, social media have become very influential in the world of fashion, makeup, hairstyling, and trendsetting. Hence, the increasing promotions, including advertisements of styling tools in different media channels are gaining customer’s attention.
- Moreover, the preference for blow dry hair/wavy hair among women is the major factor making hair dryer an essential hair styling tool in their wardrobe. Thus, players are innovating in their technology to variate their products for instance, in 2020 Panasonic announced the launch of its hair dryer with patented nano and platinum iron technology and the product has two different types of nozzle attachments - set nozzle and quick dry nozzle, which is claimed to provide strong and soft airflows.
Key Market Trends
Rising Consumer Inclination Towards Hair Styling Tools
The consumers are actively seeking for hair styling tools, including hair straighteners, curlers that are easily accessible and affordable way to keep their hair looking its best, and to also experiment with different styles each time. However, the increasing awareness about the heat damage caused by hair straightener is one of the major factors limiting the purchasing behavior of the customers. Thus, the manufacturers are trying to launch new innovative straighteners to meet the consumer’s prevailing concern at a budget friendly price range. For instance, In 2020, Dyson launched Corrale straightener, designed to halve the damage caused by traditional hair straighteners.
United States Form the Largest Market in the Region
Growth in geriatric population has fueled the demand for personal care appliances including electrical appliances used as styling, grooming, and beauty appliances. The impact of this driver is substantially strong in the current business scenario that is expected to increase during the forecast period. Further, in the United States market, there has been an increase in sales across all categories, due to rising inclination of men in the personal grooming. Also, amid COVID-19 pandemic the trend of at home grooming is also gaining significance among the millenials in the country, which in turn is boosting the demand of personal care appliance in the country.
The key players in the market include Procter & Gamble, Panasonic Corporation, Koninklijke Philips N.V. among others. The leading players in the North America personal care appliances market enjoy a dominant presence across the region. Brand loyalty is a high-impact factor, with the features being a prime parameter. Companies need to have a strong focus on quality, and this attribute plays a pivotal role in brand positioning. Companies are increasing their investments in R&D facilities and marketing and expanding their distribution channels to maintain their position in the market and to offer innovative offerings across the region.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
This product will be delivered within 2 business days.
Table of Contents
1.2 Scope of the Study
4.2 Market Restraints
4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5.2 By Type
5.2.1 Shaving and Grooming
188.8.131.52 Hair Straightener
184.108.40.206 Hair Dryer
220.127.116.11 Hair Curler
5.2.3 Beauty Appliances
5.2.4 Oral Care
5.3 By Distribution Channel
5.3.2 Specialty Stores
5.3.3 Online Stores
5.3.4 Other Distribution Channels
5.4 By Geography
5.4.1 United States
5.4.4 Rest of North America
6.2 Market Share Analysis
6.3 Company Profiles
6.3.1 Procter & Gamble
6.3.2 Koninklijke Philips NV
6.3.3 Wahl Clipper Corporation
6.3.4 Panasonic Corporation
6.3.5 Spectrum Brands Inc.
6.3.6 Conair Corporation
6.3.7 Andis Company
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Procter & Gamble
- Koninklijke Philips NV
- Wahl Clipper Corporation
- Panasonic Corporation
- Spectrum Brands Inc.
- Conair Corporation
- Andis Company