Global organic personal care and cosmetic products market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 8.7% during the forecast period (2021-2026).
- With the growing demand for organic ingredients, consumers across the globe are inclining toward organic personal care products and cosmetics, and this is expected to drive the market growth during the study period.
- The increasing concern and harmful effect of synthetic chemicals presnt in the conventional personal care and cosmetic products is contributing towards the growth of theorganic cosmetic products. Cleaner label products and claims, such as cruelty free and environmentally friendly, have been gaining more prominence in the market.
- Additionally, attributed to the large retail space and convenient conventional services, supermarkets/ hypermarkets remained one of the most preferred point of sale for organic personal care and cosmetic products. While online retail stores are expected to gain prominence in the market in the coming years.
- As an impact of COVID-19, the personal care and cosmetic products market has been affected in distinct ways including from the supply of raw materials, manufacturing process, to marketing and distribution of finished products. At an overall level the demand for these products have declined over the last few months due to closure of millions of point of sale such as speciality stores, hypermarkets/supermarkets and others.
Key Market Trends
Face Care Sector Dominates the Market Studied
The global facial care products market witnessed an increasing demand for organic products, due to the rise in consumer awareness about the harmful effects of certain compounds, such as paraben and aluminum compounds present in skin care products including facial care. A high percentage of consumers choose one brand over others, based on its natural formulation. This enhanced the demand for safe, natural, and organic deodorant products in recent times. The demand for natural ingredients has been quite evident in the market, and this has led to most companies launching products with nature-inspired ingredients, such as plant-inspired and premium botanical ingredients coupled with multi-functional properties. For instance, in 2020, New Zealand's natural skincare brand, essano, expanded its presence in the United States, in partnership with all Rite-Aid stores, as well as select CVS and Harmon locations. Formulated to absolute perfection and powered by certified Organic Rosehip Seed Oil, essano allows its customers to deeply moisturize and condition their skin.The key driver in the market is the desire for a presentable personal image among consumers, which also led to their awareness of personal hygiene habits.
North America is the Largest Market
In the current market scenario, American consumers are constantly seeking eco-friendly, ethically labelled products, which are free from harsh chemicals, which in turn, is boosting the demand for plant sourced skincare products. The organic skincare market has been driven by premiumization and product innovations. Online platforms are on the rise and have proved to be convenient and efficient options for the consumers. Additionally, approximately 78% of the American customers prefer fruit - based extracts, and 76% prefer honey as a key ingredient in their skin care products. Hence, the key players in the market are trying to launch organic skin care products infused with these ingredients in order to capture the on-going interest of the consumers and gain competitive advantage in the country. Additionally, a recent survey conducted in United States has also revealed that approximately 85% of the US consumers prefer vitamin C - based organic and plant-based ingredients in their facial skin care including cleansers, exfoliators, and scrubs. The US organic facial cleansers and moisturizers market is witnessing a rise, driven by increasing product launch by the key players, shift of younger consumers toward organic facial cleansing products for specific skin concerns, and their elevated interest in new formulations.
The global organic personal care and cosmetic products market is a highly competitive market and comprise of regional and international competitors. The key players are embarking on product innovations, expansion and partnership as their key strategies, to achieve consolidation and to optimize their offerings. For instance, in December 2017, Unilever launched its new brand, Love Beauty and Planet, a naturally positioned brand. The products are made from sustainably sourced organic ingredients, without silicones, parabens or dyes that comes in 100% recycled plastic packaging. Consequently, strengthening their position in the market studied.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
This product will be delivered within 2 business days.
1.2 Scope of the Study
4.2 Market Restraints
4.3 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5.1.1 Personal Care Products
184.108.40.206 Hair Care Products
220.127.116.11.3 Hair Oil
18.104.22.168.4 Hair styling and Coloring Products
22.214.171.124.5 Other Hair Care Products
126.96.36.199 Skin Care Products
188.8.131.52.1 Facial Care Products
184.108.40.206.2 Body Care Products
220.127.116.11.3 Lip Care Products
18.104.22.168 Bath and Shower
22.214.171.124.1 Shower Gels
126.96.36.199.3 Bath Salts
188.8.131.52.4 Other Bath and Shower Products
184.108.40.206 Oral Care
220.127.116.11 Men's Grooming Products
18.104.22.168 Deodorants and Antiperspirants
5.1.2 Cosmetics Products
22.214.171.124 Facial Cosmetics
126.96.36.199 Eye Cosmetic Products
188.8.131.52 Lip and Nail Make-up Products
5.2 By Distribution Channel
5.2.1 Specialist Retail Stores
5.2.3 Convenience Stores
5.2.4 Pharmacies/Drug Stores
5.2.5 Online Retail Channels
5.2.6 Other Distribution Channels
5.3 By Geography
5.3.1 North America
184.108.40.206 United States
220.127.116.11 Rest of North America
18.104.22.168 United Kingdom
22.214.171.124 Rest of Europe
5.3.3 Asia Pacific
126.96.36.199 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.4 South America
188.8.131.52 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle East and Africa
184.108.40.206 South Africa
220.127.116.11 Saudi Arabia
18.104.22.168 Rest of Middle East and Africa
6.2 Most Adopted Strategies
6.3 Market Share Analysis
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 L'Oreal SA
6.4.2 FIT & GLOW HEALTH CARE PVT LTD
6.4.3 Hain Celestial Group
6.4.4 Eminence Organic Skin Care
6.4.5 Scout Organic Active Beauty
6.4.6 Bali Secrets Ltd
6.4.7 Bio Veda Action Research Pvt. Ltd
6.4.8 Dr Organic Ltd.
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- L'Oreal SA
- FIT & GLOW HEALTH CARE PVT LTD
- Hain Celestial Group
- Eminence Organic Skin Care
- Scout Organic Active Beauty
- Bali Secrets Ltd
- Bio Veda Action Research Pvt. Ltd
- Dr Organic Ltd.