In the rapidly evolving educational landscape, socially and emotionally intelligent learning tools are of paramount importance. Navigating the complexities and dynamism of today's environment demands robust and well-rounded educational approaches. The Social and Emotional Learning Market encapsulates this need, offering a variety of solutions that are instrumental in nurturing holistic development and academic success. Our comprehensive market research report provides an in-depth exploration of this burgeoning sector, equipping you with critical insights to make informed strategic decisions.
Ranging from updated policy implications to future growth opportunities, our report covers an array of crucial aspects shaping the sector. It appraises the multifaceted benefits of social-emotional learning, outlines key trends and brings to light major innovations in the space. With a focus on global coverage, this report gives you a comprehensive view of the market dynamics at play. Acquire our market research report to stay abreast of the prevailing trends and position your business for success in the Social and Emotional Learning Market.
- Social-emotional learning is essential to a well-rounded education, and various research shows that it helps with academic success among adopters. According to a study conducted by CASEL that includes findings from 213 school-based universal social and emotional learning (SEL) programs involving 270,034 kindergartens through high school students, evidence-based SEL programs produce a wide variety of positive outcomes for students, from improved attitudes to decreased behavioral issues to increased academic performance.
- Multiple governments and associations globally are instrumental in promoting SEL adoption as a part of the core curriculum. Federal policy in the US plays a key role in creating conditions that support the statewide and districtwide implementation of SEL so all students can benefit.
- In March last year, in the US, Congressman Tim Ryan introduced the Social and Emotional Learning for Families (SELF) Act on International SEL Day, authorizing a competitive grant program to increase the capacity of teachers and school leaders to work with families.
- Additionally, the decline in student well-being following school closures has made the need for connection and social-emotional recovery a crucial and excellent area for growth. For instance, the Committee for Children, a supplier of social-emotional learning (SEL) curricula based on research, announced an increase with the new digital offering by releasing the Second Step Elementary digital program, a fully web-based curriculum for Grades K-5.
- Besides, the value of noncognitive skills as per the Perry Preschool program led to improvements in behavior and academic motivation to reduce the long-term effects on crime and employment. Also, children's inadequate levels of social and emotional functioning have been attributed to a rise in multiple public health problems (e.g., substance abuse, obesity, and violence).
- With students' well-being declining since the closure of schools, the need for connection and social-emotional recovery has become a critical and prime opportunity for expansion. For example, in March last year, the Committee for Children, a provider of research-based social-emotional learning (SEL) curricula, announced an expansion with the new digital offering by releasing the Second Step Elementary digital program, a fully web-based curriculum for Grades K-5.
- The COVID-19 outbreak resulted in students shifting to online learning mode over the last couple of years. This has resulted in different challenges for students and educators worldwide. Educators faced challenges balancing personal lives from quickly adapting to remote learning mode. They were overwhelmed with stress, trauma, and burnout, according to key findings from the last year's State of the US Teacher Survey, by RAND Corporation.
Social & Emotional Learning Market Trends
The Elementary Schools Segment Drives the SEL Market
- According to a fall last year survey from Northwestern University, Iowa, an increasing number of educators focus on social and emotional learning. SEL is becoming more and more necessary in elementary school classrooms as mental health and behavioral disorders in children and adolescents rise. The application of SEL aids teachers while fostering students' enthusiasm for learning. Teachers can choose the best SEL program for their students and classrooms once the need has been identified, ensuring that each student's needs are met.
- BYJU'S (Think and Learn Pvt. Ltd), India's most popular learning app, has recently added 'Science' as a learning program for children in grades 1-3 on its Disney app. BYJU's Early Learn app is now available in India. The app aims to provide a more personalized experiential experience with an entirely new user-friendly interface. The enhanced digitally-enabled worksheets also support child handwriting recognition, making it a one-of-a-kind offering in the learning space.
- Likewise, 'National University' also asserts that SEL can benefit individuals for the rest of their lives by fostering empathy, self-awareness, security, and classroom participation. It has been demonstrated that SEL program skills can improve students' capacity to deal with emotional stress, find solutions to problems, and resist peer pressure to engage in risky behavior. These elements drive the SEL market.
- In April last year, HundrED partnered with The LEGO Foundation to identify the most impactful and scalable educational innovations in the world that foster SEL skills in students aged 5-12. The project aims to identify 10-20 innovations that promote safe learning environments, encourage caring and nurturing relationships, are responsive to learners' needs, and can be embedded across sociocultural contexts.
- Moreover, educational technology companies and organizations provide remote SEL solutions and services to help educators learn social and emotional from teachers, students, and families during school closures caused by the COVID-19 outbreak. And have endeavored to provide resources for psychological well-being.
- Additionally, In March last year, Committee for Children, a global non-profit provider of exploratory social sentiment learning (SEL) curriculum, was newly added to the program portfolio using the organization's first complete digital web program, which is the organization's first fully web-based offering for Grades K-5. The program also includes easy online access to all course materials to simplify preparation, instruction, and progress tracking. Such a curriculum helped elementary schools to boost the demand for SEL.
North America to Hold the Largest Market Share
- Moreover, the flexibility and growth of kids and teenagers have long been supported by after-school SEL programs, according to a National Conference of State Legislatures (NCSL) survey from April last year. The survey found that the region's children and teenagers participating in SEL programs benefit from increased self-awareness, constructive social behavior, fewer student discipline initiatives, and increased participation and achievement.
- Moreover, In May last year, Aperture Education, United States, a provider of research-supported social and emotional learning (SEL) assessments for kindergarten through high school schools, acquired Ascend. With this acquisition, Aperture will be able to expand its SEL services for high schools by providing a mobile-enabled software platform for school districts and after-school programs to engage students in their social and emotional learning.
- However, since the transition back to the classroom has begun, federal relief funds from the American Rescue Plan are flowing to public K-12 districts, thus, expecting the schools and districts to renew their focus on prioritizing social and emotional support for educators.
- For instance, in Feb last year, Nearpod, USA, a provider of student-centered, pre-K-12 personalized practice and assessment, agreed to unlock an unparalleled level of student insights. Nearpod provides an interactive educational platform that integrates real-time formative assessment and dynamic media for live and self-learning experiences in and out of the classroom, allowing educators to see what their students are doing in real-time efficiently.
- The increase in American government funding and initiatives is expected to increase market demand. The USD 123 billion input to K-12 education in the American Rescue Plan (ARP) Act of 2021 delivers a crucial possibility to invest in systemic approaches to social and emotional learning (SEL) that thoroughly support students and schools through the pandemic and beyond. Such developments are augmenting the demand.
Social & Emotional Learning Market Competitor AnalysisThe social and emotional learning market is moderately fragmented. The social and emotional learning (SEL) market consists of influential players such as Emotional ABCs, Everfi, Inc., Committee for Children, and more. Some of these essential actors currently manage the market regarding market share. These significant players with a noticeable share in the market are concentrating on expanding their customer base across foreign countries. These businesses leverage strategic collaborative actions to improve their market share and enhance profitability.
- April 2022 - Panorama Education, United States, an educational technology company that helps students achieve academic success and improve social and emotional learning and well-being, launched Panorama for Positive Behaviors. Available on mobile and desktop, this new tool for district leaders and teachers is designed to drive success through active student behavioral enhancement.
Additional benefits of purchasing the report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
This product will be delivered within 2 business days.
Table of Contents
1.2 Scope of the Study
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.2.5 Threat of Substitutes
4.3 Assessment of the Impact of COVID-19 on the SEL Industry
5.1.1 Increasing Social and Emotional Learning Initiatives by Government Organizations
5.1.2 Progress in Computing in the K-12 Sector
5.2 Market Challenges
5.2.1 Huge Capital Requirement for SEL Across Developing Countries
6.2 By End-User
6.2.2 Elementary School
6.2.3 Middle and High Schools
6.3 By Geography
6.3.1 North America
6.3.3 Asia Pacific
6.3.4 Rest of the World
7.1.1 Emotional ABCs Inc.
7.1.2 EVERFI Inc.
7.1.3 Committee for Children (Second Steps)
7.1.4 The Social Express Inc.
7.1.5 Everyday Speech
7.1.6 Peekapak Inc.
7.1.7 Purpose Prep. (Weld North LLC)
7.1.8 Nearpod Inc.
7.1.9 Aperture Education LLC
7.1.10 Kickboard Inc.
7.1.11 Taproot Learning
7.1.12 Rethink ED
7.1.13 Evolution Labs
7.1.14 Panorama Education
7.1.15 BASE Educational Services Pvt. Ltd
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Emotional ABCs Inc.
- EVERFI Inc.
- Committee for Children (Second Steps)
- The Social Express Inc.
- Everyday Speech
- Peekapak Inc.
- Purpose Prep. (Weld North LLC)
- Nearpod Inc.
- Aperture Education LLC
- Kickboard Inc.
- Taproot Learning
- Rethink ED
- Evolution Labs
- Panorama Education
- BASE Educational Services Pvt. Ltd