In the past two decades, several pandemics have ravaged the globe, giving us several lessons on infectious disease epidemiology, the importance of initial detection and characterization of outbreak viruses, the importance of viral epidemic prevention steps, and the importance of modern vaccines. Pandemic Outbreaks in the Twenty-First Century: Epidemiology, Pathogenesis, Prevention, and Treatment summarizes the improvements in the 21st century to overcome / prevent / treat global pandemic with future prospective.
Divided into 9 chapters, the book begins with an in-depth introduction toï¿½the lessons learned from the first pandemic of the 21stï¿½century. It describes the history, present and future in terms of detection, prevention and treatment.ï¿½Followed by chapters on the outbreak, treatment strategies and clinical management of several infectious diseases like MERS, SARD and COVID 19, Pandemic Outbreaks in the Twenty-First Century: Epidemiology, Pathogenesis, Prevention, and Treatment, presents chapters on immunotherapies and vaccine technologies to combat pandemic outbreak and challenges. The book finishes with a chapter on the current knowledge and technology to control pandemic outbreaks.
All are presented in a practical short format, making this volume a valuable resource for very broad academic audience.
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
Table of Contents1. Lessons we learn from the First Pandemic of the 21st Century, Global experience, Recommendations, and Future Directions
2. History, Present and future in terms of detection, prevention and treatment
3. Middle East respiratory syndrome: Outbreak response priorities, treatment strategies, and clinical management approaches
4. Immunological mechanisms associated with clinical features of diseases and its Control and prevention
5. Molecular mechanisms of infectious diseases in inducing birth defects: An update
6. Infectious diseases in Humans: current knowledge and technology to enhance the host innate immunity
7. Epidemiology, pathogenesis, prevention, and treatment of COVID-19 outbreak
8. Advances in viral immunotherapy to combat pandemic outbreaks
9. Recent trends in the development of vaccine technologies to combat pandemic outbreaks and challenges
10. Current knowledge and technology to enhance the host innate immunity to control pandemic outbreaks