- Presents foundational knowledge for interventional orthopedics as well as ultrasound and x-ray guided techniques for both peripheral joint and spinal procedures.
- Features nearly 1,000 high-quality images including fluoroscopy, MRIs, procedural images, and unique anatomical illustrations drawn by a physical medicine and rehabilitation physician.
- Covers need-to-know topics such as autologous orthobiologics, allogenic tissue grafts, prolotherapy, and principles of fluoroscopy and ultrasound injection techniques.
- Offers several ultrasound and fluoroscopy images for each procedure, as well as step-by-step descriptions and the authors' preferred technique.
- Walks you through general injection techniques such as interventional spine procedures, peripheral joint injections, and spinal and peripheral ligament, tendon, and nerve techniques; advanced techniques include intraosseous injections, needle arthroscopy, perineural hydrodissection, and emerging interventional techniques.
- Provides an up-to-date review on regenerative medicine for musculoskeletal pathology from editors and authors who are leading physicians in the field.
- Follows the core tenets of interventional orthopedics, including injectates that can facilitate healing of musculoskeletal tissues, precise placement of those injectates into damaged structures using imaging guidance, and the eventual development of new tools to facilitate percutaneous tissue manipulation.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
Table of Contents
2. Ultrasound Basic Principles
3. Fluoroscopy Basic Principles
4. Principles of Injection Therapy
5. Autologous Tissue Harvesting Techniques: bone marrow aspirate and adipose tissue
6. Autologous Tissue Harvesting Techniques: Platelet Rich Plasma
7. Autologous Orthobiologics
8. Allogenic Orthobiologics
9. Therapeutic dextrose injection: Prolotherapy, perineural injection therapy and hydrodissection
10. Sclerosing agents
11. Toxins for orthopedics
12. Cervical Injection Techniques
13. Thoracic Injection Techniques
14. Lumbar Injection Techniques
15. Sacrocoggyeal Injection Techniques
16. Shoulder Injection Techniques
17. Elbow Injection Techniques
18. Wrist Injection Techniques
19. Hand Injection Techniques
20. Pelvis Injection Techniques
21. Knee Injection Techniques
22. Ankle Injection Techniques
23. Foot Injection Techniques
24. Calcific Tendon Barbotage/Lavage
25. High Volume Ultrasound Guided Capsular Distention for Adhesive Capsulitis
26. Ultrasound Guided Needle Tenotomy and Ultrasound Guided Tenotomy and Debridement with Tenex Health TX System
27. High Volume Image Guided Injections
28. Fascia/Ligament release
29. Compartment Pressure Testing
30. Ultrasound-Guided Anterior and Lateral Compartment Fasciotomies for Chronic Exertional Compartment Syndrome
31. Principles of Perineural Injections
32. CTS release
33. Percutaneous bone spur removal
34. Intraosseous injection
35. Advanced and Emerging Interventional Techniques
37. Post-Procedure Rehabilitation
38. Advanced imaging in interventional orthopedics