1h Free Analyst TimeSummary
Speak directly to the analyst to clarify any post sales queries you may have.
Germany Smoking Tobacco, 2021 is an analytical report by the publisher that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the tobacco market in Germany. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and forecasts for sales and consumption until 2030.
Smoking tobacco is the second-largest sector of the market with 31.2% of volumes in 2020. Sales were 33,800 tons in 2020 and up on 26,242 tons in 2010.Sales of fine cut tobacco have been in decline since 2011 in large part to the use of pseudo pipe cut tobacco as an alternative as well as changes in its tax classification. Nevertheless, per capita consumption of fine cut is still sizeable, at 422g in 2020. Overall consumption of is forecast to fall 14.2% from 2020 levels, to reach 29,000 tons in 2030. Per capita consumption is forecast at 371.7g in 2030 which is 11.8% down on 2020
- There is a comparatively large number of suppliers active in the German smoking tobacco market, although many are small producers orimporter/distributors. In the classic fine cut sector, the leading suppliers areReemtsma (Imperial Tobacco) with 19.8%, BAT (16.2%), Pöschl (14.0%), PMI(10.0%), and JTI (7.2%)
- Data from the latest 2017 Federal Statistics Office micro census notes that22 4 of adults aged 15 and over were smokers, split 26 4 of adult males and 18 6 of adult females
- Overall consumption of is forecast to fall 14 2 from 2020 levels, to reach 29 000 tons in 2030 Per capita consumption is forecast at 371 7 g in 2030 which is 11 8 down on 2020
Reasons to Buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning. The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers. Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Table of Contents
- Market context
- Tobacco Products Market, Tons, %, 2010 & 2020
- Tobacco Products Market, Tons, 2010-2020
Market size and structure
- Smoking Tobacco Consumption, Tons, 2010-2020
- Per Capita Consumption, Grams Per Year, 2010-2020
- Smoking Tobacco: Market Segmentation, 2010-2020
- Total & Per Capita Consumption of FCT, 2010-2020
- Cigarette Consumption: Manufactured vs. FCT, 2010-2020f
- Traditional Fine Cut Cigarette Tobacco: Segmentation by Blend, 2004-2013
- Traditional Fine Cut Cigarette Tobacco: Segmentation by Price, 2000-2013
- Fine Cut Tobacco: Segmentation by Pack Size, 2007-2013
- Fine Cut Tobacco: Segmentation by Type, 2010-2020
- Other Tobacco Products: Sector Segmentation, 2006 & 2008-2013
Production and trade
- Production of Smoking Tobacco, Tons, 2009-2019
- Production of Smoking Tobacco by Type, 2009-2019
- Imports (tons), 2009-2019
- Imports by Country of Origin, Top Countries, %, 2019
- Imports of Smoking Tobacco, Tons, 2012-2019
- Imports of Smoking Tobacco, € ’000, 2012-2019
- Exports of Smoking Tobacco, Tons, 2009-2019
- Exports by Country of Destination, Top Countries, %, 2019
- Exports of Smoking Tobacco, Tons, 2012-2019
- Exports of Smoking Tobacco, € ’000, 2012-2019
Taxation and retail prices
- Manufacturers and brands
- The smoking population
- Operating constraints
- Advertising restrictions
- Heath warnings and labeling requirements
- Other restrictions
- Retail Sales of Cigarettes by Outlet, % Volume, 2000 & 2005-2012
- Prospects and forecasts
- Fine Cut Tobacco Consumption, Tons, 2020-2030?
- Per Capita Consumption, Grams Per Year, 2020-2030?
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes: