This session will provide the for changes to the Same Day ACH (SDA) environment (effective March 2021), the Unauthorized Return process with a new Return Reason Code R11 and the ACH Contact Registry (both effective right now in 2020 - NEW!!! and more! Details on the new proposed amendment to the Nacha Operating Rules regarding Account Information Improvements Through the ACH Network, with a proposed effective date of March 18, 2022. PLUS, Limitation on Warranty Claims, the Reversal Process and Rules Enforcement changes surrounding reversals, and Meaningful Modernization to enhance the ACH Network to keep up with changes in the payments landscape (all effective in 2021).
Why Should You Attend:
Each participant in the ACH Network is required to be in compliance with the Nacha Operating Rules. There are several NEW amendments recently passed which will change the ACH Network processes - this is a NEED to know! In addition, an overview on Operations Bulletins (issued by Nacha) will be discussed (there are six of them for 2020).
The NACHA Operating Rules are always changing, updates have recently been made and continue to be in place due to the current COVID-19 situation! There are six ACH Operations Bulletins posted by Nacha in 2020; four of them explain the updates to the Rules due to changes at financial institutions and extensions of effective dates in light of the current situation; and confirming some Rules changes with current effective dates remaining. Details necessary to help participants in the ACH Network remain compliant with these NEW amendments going into effect for 2021 and 2022, including Unauthorized Returns and the ACH Contact Registry that went into effect in 2020!
Plus, details on the most recent amendments with effective dates in 2021 and 2022; on “Meaningful Modernization”, “Reversals and Enforcement” and “Limitation on Warranty Claims”. Included are details on a potential change regarding “Account Information Improvements Through the ACH Network”.
Register today for your chance to see how these new Rules will impact your ACH Operations areas.
To remain in compliance with the Rules, participants in the ACH network need to ensure they are up-to-date on recent changes and newly approved amendments to the Rules. Discussion on the Operations Bulletins issued by Nacha will outline the updates to different Rules with our current situation and COVID-19. Included will be the most recent amendment that affects all financial institutions using the ACH Network. You will learn about the impacts of the ACH Contact Registration Rule - which went into effect on July 1, 2020!
This session will also cover the newly approved details and any recent updates by NACHA, plus how these changes affect you as a participant in the ACH network, whether you are an ODFI, an RDFI or a TPS or TPSP. Changes such as Data Security requirements (effective date has been extended) and how Originators are affected by the Fraud Detection Standards for web debits. In addition, the processing of unauthorized Returns has changed effective April 1, 2020 for phase 1 (phase 2 goes into effect April 1 of 2021) - As the RDFI, are you prepared for the proper use of R10 and R11 (what to do if you’re not ready) and as the ODFI, are you aware of changes to the ODFI Reporting Requirements for R11?
This is a must-attend session, your ACH operations process IS CHANGING! Register Today!
- Define amendments to the Rules on Expanding Same Day ACH and how these changes will affect you as a financial institution, as the RDFI and the ODFI!
- Describe the potential impact on participants in the ACH network with approved changes to other ACH Risk Management topics such as:
- Supplementing the fraud detection standard for Internet-initiated (WEB) debits
- Supplementing the existing account information security requirements for large Originators and Third-Parties (effective date has been extended)
- Details on the most recent change to specifying the details of an unauthorized return by repurposing Return Reason Code R11 to further define the “why” or purpose of return entry
- Includes all details on the six 2020 Operations Bulletins as issued by Nacha since Jan 2020
- Updates on the recently approved changes for Meaningful Modernization “Reversals and Enforcement” and and “Limitations on Warranty Claims”. Plus potential changes regarding “Account Information Improvements Through the ACH Network”
Donna K Olheiser,
Dynamic Mastership, LLC
Donna founded Dynamic Mastership, LLC in December 2014 in an effort to utilize her 24+ years’ experience in the financial services industry, by sharing her passion for training financial institutions and organizations on the Rules and processes for electronic payments (with her specialty being ACH payments). She holds the Accredited ACH Professional (AAP) designation (achieved in 2004). Donna’s experience before founding Dynamic Mastership, includes 9 years' serving as the Education Service Director at a Regional Payments Association (RPA), where she managed and facilitated the entire Education program for nearly 800 financial institution members. Prior to that, Donna spent 14 years with the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis in various departments, where she started her training career as the Training and Development Specialist in 2003.
Donna is a certified Master Trainer who continually uses her extensive knowledge, experience, enthusiasm and passion for transferring payment processing details, while using the adult learning theory is remarkable! Her training style has helped many payment professionals remain consistently informed of the NEW and ever-changing NACHA Operating Rules and explaining how the Rules apply when performing daily operational tasks including complex return and exception processing. She incorporates scenarios and examples in her detailed training, so the Rules are easy to comprehend and apply to real-life day-to-day ACH processing. Donna's ability to engage the learner through the entire training event helps the adult learner apply what they've learned during and after each training session.
Who Should Attend
- Financial Institution Professionals (New/Current Operations Staff)
- Third-Party Processors
- Originating Companies
- Banking Operations Managers and Staff
- Compliance and Risk Professionals
- Treasury Management Professionals
- Aspiring and Current AAPs (Accredited ACH Professionals)
- Banking Managers/Supervisors
- Audit and Compliance Personnel/Risk Managers