This report outlines the market trends and consumer behavior impacting the protein sector and what implications these may have on the industry's future. It further explores the evolution of the market amid COVID-19, company performance, and news, as well as inspiring product and packaging innovation.
The protein landscape will continue to feel the impact of COVID-19, despite its position as a staple food category within most consumer's diets. Consumers remain price- and health-conscious, and risk-aversion is driving demand for increased brand transparency. The pandemic has further altered consumers' lifestyles and what they seek when shopping for protein products, making it essential for brands to understand these changes to accurately inform future strategy and decision-making.
- A quarter of global consumers claim to be buying fewer meat products since the start of the pandemic.
- Over a quarter of global consumers claim to be buying fewer fish and seafood products since the start of the pandemic.
- Almost half of Asian consumers claim to be following a low- or no-meat diet.
Reasons to Buy
- Understand the relevant market and consumer trends that are driving the protein sector.
- Gain a broader understanding of the impact of COVID-19 on the protein sector and its impact on consumer behavior and preferences.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs in the form of specific opportunities to enhance future decision-making and inform new product development.
Table of ContentsSector Landscapes: Proteins
1. Industry overview
2. News analysis
3. Shopping behavior
4. Deals analysis
5. Innovation analysis
6. Take outs
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Tyson Foods Inc.
- WH Group