United Arab Emirates (UAE) Defense Market - Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2026 report provides the market size forecast and the projected growth rate for the next five years. The report covers industry analysis including the key market drivers, emerging technology trends, and major challenges faced by market participants. It also offers insights regarding key factors and government programs that are expected to influence the demand for military platforms over the forecast period.
Over the historic period, the surge in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) defense expenditure was mainly driven by its involvement in the Yemen civil war, in support of its ally Saudi Arabia. Over 2017-2021, the United Arab Emirates (UAE) defense expenditure grew at a CAGR of 9.82% and reached an all-time high of US$36.6 billion in 2019. However, with the withdrawal of the bulk of its forces from Yemen, coupled with the outbreak of COVID-19, the United Arab Emirates (UAE) defense expenditure declined to a low of US$25.3 billion in 2020. The country’s defense expenditure nevertheless is anticipated to value US$32.6 billion in 2021, owing to the need to adequately finance the procurement of 50 F-35 Lightning II aircraft. While the new Biden administration has frozen the deal for the proposed sale of F-35A fighter aircraft to United Arab Emirates (UAE), the country nevertheless needs to set aside funding to adequately finance the deal.
This report offers detailed analysis of United Arab Emirates (UAE) defense market with market size forecasts covering the next five years. This report will also analyze factors that influence demand for the industry, key market trends, and challenges faced by industry participants.
Drivers of Defense expenditure include hedging against the treat of terrorism and the ongoing modernozation of the Emirati Armed Forces, owing to the need to counter the expanding influence of Iran throughout the Middle East.
Who Should Buy
- Defence Startups, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), Defence Planners, Aerospace and Defence Integrators, Venture Capital Firms, Government Agencies, Head of Marketing, Head of Sales, CEOs and Senior Executives.
- The concerned stakeholders can utilize the report to identify high growth segments and customize their offerings to match the project requirements.
- The Venture Capital Firms can utilize the project details, growth rate, and market size to identify and fund high potential startups.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following -
- United Arab Emirates (UAE) defense budget: detailed analysis of United Arab Emirates (UAE) FY2021 defense budget broken down into market size and market share. This is coupled with an examination of key current and future acquisitions.
- Regulation: the procurement policy and process is explained. This is coupled with an analysis of United Arab Emirates (UAE) military doctrine and strategy to provide a comprehensive overview of United Arab Emirates (UAE) military regulation.
- Security Environment: political alliances and perceived security threats to United Arab Emirates (UAE) are examined; there help to explain trends in spending and modernisation.
- Import and Export Dynamics: analysis of prevalent trends in the country’s imports and exports over the last five years
- Competitive landscape and strategic insights: analysis of the competitive landscape of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) defense industry.
Reasons to Buy
- Determine prospective investment areas based on a detailed trend analysis of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) defense market over the next five years
- Gain in-depth understanding about the underlying factors driving demand for different defense and internal security segments in the UAE market and identify the opportunities offered.
- Strengthen your understanding of the market in terms of demand drivers, market trends, and the latest technological developments, among others
- Identify the major threats that are driving the United Arab Emirates (UAE) defense market providing a clear picture about future opportunities that can be tapped, resulting in revenue expansion
- Channel resources by focusing on the ongoing programs that are being undertaken by the United Arab Emirates (UAE) government
- Make correct business decisions based on in-depth analysis of the competitive landscape consisting of detailed profiles of the top defense equipment providers in the country. The company profiles also includes information about the key products, alliances, recent contract awarded, and financial analysis, wherever available
Table of Contents
- Defense Budget Assessment
- Budgeting Process
- Defense Market Size Historical And Forecast
- Drivers Of Defense Expenditure
- Analysis Of Defense Budget Allocation
- Key Market Trends and Insights
Military Doctrine And Security Environment
- Military Doctrine And Strategy
- Primary Threat Perception
- Political And Strategic Alliances
- Geopolitical Social And Economic Scenario
- Market Entry Strategy And Regulations
- Procurement Policy and Process
- Market Regulations
- Market Entry Route
- Key Challenges
Major Deals and M&A
- Market Attractiveness And Emerging Opportunities
- Market Attractiveness, 2020 2025
- Top Defense Segments By Value
- Import And Export Market Dynamics
- Import Market Dynamics
- Export Market Dynamics
Defense Platform Acquisitions
- Patriot Advanced Capability III (PAC III) Missile Segment Enhancement (MSE)
- GlobalEye swing role AEWC
- Patriot Advanced Capability 3(PAC 3) GEM T
- AH 64E Apache Attack Helicopter
- UAE Ukraine Joint MALE UAV Program
- Fleet Size
- Competitive Landscape
- Defense Companies Operating In UAE
- Main Defense Companies
- About This Report
- About Us
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Raytheon Technologies Corp
- Saab AB
- The Boeing Co