1h Free Analyst TimeCanada Smoking Tobacco, 2021
Speak directly to the analyst to clarify any post sales queries you may have.
Canada Smoking Tobacco, 2021 is an analytical report by the publisher that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Canadian Smoking Tobacco market. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and forecasts for sales and consumption until 2030.
Smoking tobacco is set to account for 1.1% of the overall tobacco market in Canada. Within the overall market for smoking tobacco, FCT dominates, despite volumes dropping back sharply over the past decade. By 2019, sales had dropped to 795 tons, with FCT’s share of the market down at 97.6%. A fall to 755 tons is forecast for 2020
Pipe tobacco represents a niche market, with sales of 28 tons in 2019, equivalent to 3.4% of total sales. Sales of 24 tons are forecast for 2020
- Cigars/cigarillos are forecast to take 2.7% in 2020, while smoking tobacco is set to account for 1.1%
- By 2019, sales had dropped to 795 tons, with FCT’s share of the market down at 97.6%. A fall to 755 tons is forecast for 2020
- Re-export trade is an important feature of the market. Import volumes were up at 2,598 tons in 2019, while exports were up at 2,703 tons
- Alongside federal taxes, each province also levies its own level of tax, to which GST (Goods & Services Tax) is added
- Canada has long been one of the most highly regulated tobacco markets and the Canadian Government's tobacco control measures are often used as models for other countries.
Reasons to Buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Table of Contents1 Introduction
2 Market context
3 Market size and structure
4 Production and trade
5 Taxation and retail prices
6 Manufacturers and brands
7 The smoking population
8 Operating constraints
9 Prospects and forecasts
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Imperial Tobacco Canada