This unique report provides information and analysis not available from any other published source.
The report is available by section, and can be customized to specific information needs and budget.
- Identifies and evaluates major business opportunities emerging in the tumor marker market during the next five years.
- Examines trends in the U.S., Europe and Japan
- Reviews current and emerging tumor markers
- Analyzes applications of emerging diagnostic technologies
- Forecasts sales of major tumor markers by country and market segment
- Profiles leading market players and potential entrants
- Suggests alternative business expansion strategies for suppliers.
The cancer diagnostics market is on the verge of explosion, as the researchers approach major technological breakthroughs in tumor diagnosis and therapy, discover new specific antigens, and unlock the mystery of the genetic basis of the disease. During the next five years, the worldwide cancer diagnostics market is promising to be an exciting, dynamic and rapidly expanding field. Anticipated technological breakthroughs will create numerous opportunities for determining genetic predisposition, detecting specific tumors, and monitoring biological response to cancer therapy. The rise in geriatric population will further compound the growing demand for malignancy assays and the rapid market expansion worldwide.
Market Segmentation Analysis
- Sales and market shares of major suppliers, by individual tumor marker and country.
- Five- year test volume and sales forecasts for major tumor markers by country and market segment, including:
- Commercial/Private Laboratories
- Physician Offices/Group Practices
- Cancer Clinics
- Ambulatory Care Centers
- Comprehensive market segmentation analysis, including review of the market dynamics, structure, size, growth and major suppliers by country.
- Cancer statistics, etiology and recent developments in the U.S., Japan and five major European countries.
Current and Emerging Products
- Review of over 200 current and emerging tumor markers, including:
- Biochemical Markers
- Growth Factors
- Colony Stimulating Factors
- Immunohistochemical Stains, and others.
- Analysis of major immunoassay analyzers used for tumor marker testing, including their operating characteristics, features and selling prices.
- Assessment of monoclonal antibodies, immunoassays, DNA probes, biochips/microarrays, chromosome analysis, IT, artificial intelligence, flow cytometry, biosensors, and their potential applications for tumor marker testing.
- Review of competing/complementing technologies, including CT, MRI, NMR, PET and photonics spectroscopy.
- Extensive listings of over 500 companies, universities and research centers developing new tumor markers and detection technologies.
- Extensive strategic assessments of major suppliers and start- up firms developing innovative technologies and products, including their sales, product portfolios, marketing tactics, collaborative arrangements and new products in R&D.
Worldwide Market Overview
- Estimated universe of laboratories performing tumor marker testing by country.
- Five- year test volume and sales projections by country.
Business Opportunities and Strategic Recommendations
- Specific new product development opportunities with potentially significant market appeal during the next five years.
- Design criteria for new products.
- Alternative market penetration strategies.
- Potential market entry barriers and risks.
This report is based on interviews with clinical pathologists, laboratory directors, executives from leading diagnostic companies and start- up firms developing innovative products, university scientists, as well as experts from industry associations, venture capital firms and the investment banking community in the U.S., five major European countries and Japan.
The market projections are also based on questionnaire responses received from hospitals, commercial/private laboratories, physician offices/group practices, cancer clinics and ambulatory care centers in seven countries.
In addition to primary sources of information, a comprehensive review of the most recent technical and business publications, manufacturer product literature, patents, trade association surveys, government studies, marketing and technical meeting presentations, industry analyst reports, and 's proprietary data files was conducted.
Contains 1,200 pages and 450 tables.
- Abbott Laboratories
- Agilent Technologies
- Beckman Coulter/Danaher
- Eiken Chemical
- Instrumentation Laboratory/Werfen
- Kyowa Medex
- Ortho-Clinical Diagnostics
- Quest Diagnostics
- Siemens Healthineers
- Thermo Fisher