The Global Energy Harvesting System Market is estimated to be USD 484 Mn in 2020 and is expected to reach USD 800 Mn by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 10.6%.
Key factors such as the rising demand for electronic devices followed by the need for reducing the costs associated with powering systems have led the companies to invest in energy harvesting systems. This has further benefitted the growth of the market. Moreover, the rising demand for energy in large-scale enterprises along with the high demand for wireless sensor technologies are contributing to the growth of the market. Similarly, the advancements made in nanotechnology and Ocean energy harvesting are creating growth opportunities for the market. However, factors such as the high cost of the energy harvesting system are likely to restrain the market.
The Global Energy Harvesting System Market is segmented further based on End-Use Systems, Sensor Type, Technology, Components, Application, and Geography.
By Technology, the market is classified as light, vibration, thermal, and electromagnetic/radio frequency (RF). Amongst all, the light energy harvesting technology holds the highest market share.
By Components, the market is classified as transducers, power management integrated circuits (PMICs), and storage systems. Among these, the transducers generated the highest revenue in the market.
By Application, the market is classified as building & home automation, consumer electronics, industrial, transportation, and security. Amongst all, building & home automation contributed the highest revenue to the market.
By End Use System, the market is classified as Wireless Switching system, Wireless HVAC system, Wireless Sensing and Telematics system, Tire Pressure Monitoring System, Asset Tracking System, Remote Health Monitoring system and Regenerative Energy Harvesting system. Amongst all, the Wireless HVAC systems are estimated to hold the highest market share.
By Geography, North America is projected to lead the market.
1. Fujitsu Electronics Europe is planning to expand its product portfolio with energy-harvesting components from e-peas. These solutions are based on different energy sources such as photovoltaic, thermal, vibration or RF. - 15th February 2018
2. Arrow Electronics, Inc has decided to offer EnOcean’s portfolio of patented energy-harvesting wireless technology globally with a prime focus on EnOcean’s Internet of Things (IoT) solutions.- 5th December 2019
Some of the key companies covered in the report are Arveni SAS, Convergence Wireless, Cymbet Corporation, Texas Instruments Incorporated, Fujitsu Limited, ABB Ltd., Honeywell International Inc., STMicroelectronics N.V., EnOcean GmbH, Voltree Power Inc., and Bionic Power Inc. etc
The report includes a Competitive Quadrant, a proprietary tool to analyze and evaluate the position of companies based on their Industry Position score and Market Performance score. The tool uses various factors for categorizing the players into four categories. Some of these factors considered for analysis are financial performance over the last 3 years, growth strategies, innovation score, new product launches, investments, growth in market share, etc.
Why buy this report?
- The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the Global Energy Harvesting System Market. The report includes in-depth qualitative analysis, verifiable data from authentic sources, and projections about market size. The projections are calculated using proven research methodologies.
- The report has been compiled through extensive primary and secondary research. The primary research is done through interviews, surveys, and observation of renowned personnel in the industry.
- The report includes in-depth market analysis using Porter’s 5 force model and the Ansoff Matrix. The impact of Covid-19 on the market is also featured in the report.
- The report also contains the competitive analysis using the Competitive Quadrant, the analyst's proprietary competitive positioning tool.
- A complete analysis of the market, including parent industry
- Important market dynamics and trends
- Market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market based on value and volume
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
1.1 Study Objectives
1.2 Market Definition
1.4 Years Considered
1.6 Key Shareholders
2 Research Methodology
2.1 Research Process
2.2 Data Collection and Validation
2.2.1 Secondary Research
2.2.2 Primary Research
2.3 Market Size Estimation
2.4 Assumptions of the Study
2.5 Limitations of the Study
3 Executive Summary
4 Market Overview
4.2 Market Dynamics
188.8.131.52 Rising demand for electronic devices
184.108.40.206 Need for reducing the cost associated with powering systems.
220.127.116.11 Growing demand for energy in large scale enterprises
18.104.22.168 Growing demand for wireless sensors
22.214.171.124 Higher costs of an energy harvesting system
126.96.36.199 Data security issues
188.8.131.52 Growing IoT market
184.108.40.206 Advancements in nanotechnology
220.127.116.11 Ocean energy harvesting
18.104.22.168 Favorable government initiatives
22.214.171.124 Reliable alternatives of power generation
5 Market Analysis
5.1 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
5.2 Impact of COVID-19
5.3 Ansoff Matrix Analysis
6 Global Energy Harvesting Systems Market, By Technology
6.2 Vibration Energy Harvesting
6.3 Thermal Energy Harvesting
6.4 Radio Frequency Energy Harvesting
6.5 Light Energy Harvesting
7 Global Energy Harvesting Systems Market, By Components
7.2 By Transducer
7.4 Storage systems
8 Global Energy Harvesting Systems Market, By Application
8.2 Building and home automation
8.3 Consumer Electronics
9 Global Energy Harvesting Systems Market, By End Use System
9.2 Wireless Switching system
9.3 Wireless HVAC system
9.4 Wireless Sensing and Telematics system
9.5 Tire Pressure Monitoring System
9.6 Asset Tracking System
9.7 Remote Health Monitoring system
9.8 Regenerative Energy Harvesting system
10 Global Energy Harvesting Systems Market, By Geography
10.2 North America
10.3 South America
10.4.6 Rest of Europe
10.5.6 South Korea
10.5.9 Rest of APAC
10.6 Rest of the World
10.6.2 Saudi Arabia
10.6.3 South Africa
10.6.4 United Arab Emirates
10.6.5 Latin America
11 Competitive Landscape
11.1 Competitive Quadrant
11.2 Market Share Analysis
11.3 Competitive Scenario
11.3.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
11.3.2 Agreement, Collaborations, & Partnerships
11.3.3 New Product Launches & Enhancements
11.3.4 Investments & Funding
12 Company Profiles
12.1 Arveni SAS (Hager)
12.2 Convergence Wireless
12.3 Cymbet Corporation
12.4 Powercast Corporation
12.5 Texas Instruments Incorporated
12.6 Fujitsu Limited
12.7 ABB Ltd.
12.8 Honeywell International Inc.
12.9 EnOcean GmbH
12.10 Voltree Power Inc.
12.11 Bionic Power Inc.
12.12 Yantra Harvest Energy Private Limited
12.13 Analog Devices Inc.
12.14 MAHLE GmbH
12.15 Schneider Electric
12.16 Microchip Technology Inc
12.17 Cypress Semiconductor Corporation (Infineon Technologies AG)
12.18 STMicroelectronics SA
12.19 Mide Tecnhology (Hutchinson)
12.20 Mouser electronics (TTI Inc.)
12.21 General Electric
12.22 Piezo Systems, Inc.
- Arveni SAS (Hager)
- Convergence Wireless
- Cymbet Corporation
- Powercast Corporation
- Texas Instruments Incorporated
- Fujitsu Limited
- ABB Ltd.
- Honeywell International Inc.
- EnOcean GmbH
- Voltree Power Inc.
- Bionic Power Inc.
- Yantra Harvest Energy Private Limited
- Analog Devices Inc.
- MAHLE GmbH
- Schneider Electric
- Microchip Technology Inc
- Cypress Semiconductor Corporation (Infineon Technologies AG)
- STMicroelectronics SA
- Mide Tecnhology (Hutchinson)
- Mouser electronics (TTI Inc.)
- General Electric
- Piezo Systems, Inc.