1h Free Analyst TimeNutmeg - ForeSights
Speak directly to the analyst to clarify any post sales queries you may have.
Nutmeg is a spice that comes from the seeds of the tropical tree Myristica fragrans, which can grow up to 20 meters in height. The tree is native to Indonesia, and later came to be cultivated in Malaysia, South India and Sri Lanka, as well as the West Indies, where it was introduced in the 19th century.
While nutmeg is mostly used in dishes for its distinctive flavor, the spice is laden with an array of nutrients such as manganese, copper, and magnesium, and vitamins B1 and B6. As a result, various health claims are attributed to nutmeg including increased infection resistance, better digestion, improve libido, and heart health. Nutmeg is also claimed to work as an antidepressant when taken with milk. As a result of its nutrient value and purported health-boosting properties, nutmeg is finding increased application across a range of food and beverage products.
- Growing demand for food and beverages with immunity-boosting properties, particularly amid the COVID-19 pandemic, makes nutmeg a promising ingredient.
- Nutmeg has the potential to be used as a key ingredient for developing clean cosmetics.
- Being rich in antioxidants, nutmeg can be used in developing anti-aging cosmetics.
Reasons to Buy
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.
Table of Contents
- Take Outs
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Kama Ayurveda