The hypochlorite bleaches market is expected to register a CAGR of over 3%, during the forecast period. The major factors driving the market studied include increasing demand for paper and paperboards in emerging economies. Preference for hydrogen peroxide bleaching is expected to significantly hinder the growth of the market studied.
- North America is expected to dominate the global market, during the forecast period.
- Increasing demand from the aquaculture industry is likely to act as an opportunity in the future.
Key Market Trends
Rising Demand from Pulp and Paper Application
- Paper finds application in an array of industries, ranging from newsprint, writing papers, to tissue papers.
- Paperboard is mainly used in packaging applications, such as containerboard and carton board/boxboards.
- The increasing demand for better packaging across the world, especially in countries, such as China and the United States, is expected to propel the growth of the market for hypochlorite bleaches.
- The United States, Japan, and China are expected to hold the top three positions, respectively, in the paper and paperboard production.
- The paper industry in Japan is also expected to continue to be the main driving force for the steady growth of the global paper industry. Such factors may drive the demand for hypochlorite bleaches for pulp and paper application, in the coming years.
China to Dominate the Demand in the Asia-Pacific Region
- China is one of the leading paper producing countries, globally. The paper and board production heavily relies on used paper, such as old corrugated containers (OCC), old newspapers and magazines (ONP/ OMG), and mixed paper grades as feedstock. Such growth is driving the demand for the market studied.
- The growth of the textile industry in the country is fueled by a sharp increase in the production of garments, home textiles, and chemical fiber. Hence, with such growth in the textile industry, the demand for sodium hypochlorite is expected to increase from the domestic textile industry.
- Additionally, the disinfectants industry of the country has been growing at a high rate from the last two years, while also expanding the production and distribution of the same. This is likely to propel the application of hypochlorite bleaches for disinfectant, during the forecast period.
- Furthermore, countries, such as India and Japan, have been contributing to the growth of the market studied. This is expected to further drive the demand for hypochlorite bleaches, over the forecast period.
The hypochlorite bleaches market is partially fragmented in nature. Some of the major players of the market studied include Nouryon, Inovyn, Tosoh Corporation, Arkema, and Aditya Birla Chemicals, among others.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
This product will be delivered within 2 business days.
Table of Contents
1.2 Scope of the Study
4.1.1 Increasing Demand for Paper and Paper Boards in Emerging Economies
4.1.2 Other Drivers
4.2.1 Preference to Hydrogen Peroxide Bleaching
4.2.2 Other Restraints
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
4.5 Regulatory Policy Analysis
5.1.1 Sodium Hypochlorite
5.1.2 Calcium Hypochlorite
5.1.3 Lithium Hypochlorite
5.1.4 Potassium Hypochlorite
5.2.1 Pulp and Paper
5.2.4 Laundry Bleach
5.2.6 Other Applications
188.8.131.52 South Korea
184.108.40.206 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.2 North America
220.127.116.11 United States
18.104.22.168 United Kingdom
22.214.171.124 Rest of Europe
5.3.4 South America
126.96.36.199 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
188.8.131.52 Saudi Arabia
184.108.40.206 South Africa
220.127.116.11 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6.2 Market Share Analysis**
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 Aditya Birla Chemicals
6.4.3 Odyssey Manufacturing Co.
6.4.4 COVENTYA Group
6.4.5 Sigma-Aldrich Corporation
6.4.6 Olin Corporation
6.4.7 Ecoviz Kft
6.4.8 Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem)
6.4.9 JSC AVANGARD
6.4.10 Electrolytic Technologies
6.4.11 Shijiazhuang Xinlongwei Chemical Co. Ltd
6.4.12 Shouguang Tianwei Chemical Co. Ltd
6.4.14 Tianjin Yufeng Chemical Co. Ltd
6.4.15 Tosoh Corporation
6.4.16 Union Overseas Enterprise Ltd
6.4.18 H. Krevit & Company