The market for hindered amine light stabilizers is expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 6.9% globally during the forecast period. Hindered amine light stabilizers are chemical compounds that contain a functional amine group that is used in plastics and polymers as stabilizers. They are primarily used to protect polymers from photo-oxidation effects. The growing consumption of plastics has been driving the market growth.
- However, the outbreak of coronavirus across the globe is likely to hinder the growth of the studied market.
- The rising awareness about the harmful effect of UV radiation is likely to provide opportunities for the hindered amine light stabilizer market over the next five years.
- Asia-Pacific dominated the market across the globe with the largest consumption from countries such as China and India.
Key Market Trends
Plastics to Dominate the Market
- Plastics stands to be the dominating segment owing to the broad application in automotive, packaging, construction, and among others.
- When exposed to UV radiation plastics like polyvinyl chloride and polycarbonate appear to degrade. UV radiation initiates chemical reactions in plastics which lead to the breakdown and loss of plastics' chemical and physical properties, thus prompting the need for hindered amine light stabilizers.
- Hindered amine light stabilizer finds application across the residential and commercial sector as a coating substrate in flooring, furniture, decking, and others. Hence, the rising adoption of plastic and wood in the construction and automotive industry is likely to propel the market growth.
- North American and Asia-Pacific countries like the United States, China, and India have been recording a rise in residential construction projects, which is likely to drive the consumption of hindered amine light stabilizer over the forecast period.
- All the aforementioned factors are expected to drive the hindered amine light stabilizer market during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- The Asia-Pacific region accounted for the major market share, primarily due to the increasing demand from industries, such as packaging, and construction.
- The packaging market in Asia-Pacific is projected to grow at a CAGR of more than 6.00% during the forecast period (2020-2025).
- In the Asia-Pacific region, China majorly drives the region's construction industry. The Chinese construction industry is still strong, but growth is slowing, as is economic growth. Even though the growth rate has been decreasing in the recent past, the construction industry is likely to register a growth rate of around 4% over the forecast period.
- In addition, the growth of the market studied in the Asia-Pacific region is also driven by an increase in the trend of polyhouse cultivation.
- Hence, all such market trends are expected to drive the demand for hindered amine light stabilizer market in the region during the forecast period.
- However, the decline in demand from the automotive industry is hindering the growth of the hindered amine light stabilizer market during the forecast period.
- The automotive industry in China has been declining since 2016. The automotive production decreased from 29.01 million units in 2017 to 25.7 million units in 2019 and registered a negative growth of 7.5% in 2019 over 2018. COVID-19 has even downsized the demand for automotive in China, and it is expected to continue this trend even after this pandemic, during the forecast period.
The global hindered amine light stabilizer market is partially consolidated in nature with a few major players dominating a significant portion of the market. Some of the major companies are BASF SE, ADEKA CORPORATION, SABO S.p.A., Solvay, SI Group amongst others.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
This product will be delivered within 2 business days.
Table of Contents
1.2 Scope of the Study
4.1.1 Growing Consmption of Plastics
4.1.2 Other Drivers
4.2.1 Unfavorable Conditions Arising Due to COVID-19 Outbreak
4.2.2 Other Restraints
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5.2.2 Paints and Coatings
5.2.3 Adhesives and Sealants
220.127.116.11 South Korea
18.104.22.168 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.2 North America
22.214.171.124 United States
126.96.36.199 United Kingdom
188.8.131.52 Rest of Europe
5.3.4 South America
184.108.40.206 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
220.127.116.11 Saudi Arabia
18.104.22.168 South Africa
22.214.171.124 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6.2 Market Share/Ranking Analysis**
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 ADEKA CORPORATION
6.4.2 Amfine Chemical Corporation
6.4.3 BASF SE
6.4.4 Double Bond Chemical Ind., Co., Ltd.
6.4.5 Entec Polymers
6.4.6 Everlight Chemical Industrial Corp
6.4.7 Mayzo, Inc.
6.4.8 MPI Chemie BV
6.4.9 SABO S.p.A.
6.4.10 SI Group
7.2 Other Opportunities
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- ADEKA CORPORATION
- Amfine Chemical Corporation
- BASF SE
- Double Bond Chemical Ind., Co., Ltd.
- Entec Polymers
- Everlight Chemical Industrial Corp
- Mayzo, Inc.
- MPI Chemie BV
- SABO S.p.A.
- SI Group