The global chlorobenzene market is expected to register a CAGR of over 5% during the forecast period.
- The major factors driving the market is the increasing demand for nitrochlorobenzene from various end-user industries such as pharmaceuticals, organic chemicals, rubber-processing chemicals and more.
- Detrimental effects of chlorobenzene exposure are likely to hinder the growth of the market studied.
- Asia-Pacific is likely to dominate the market through the forecast period.
Key Market Trends
Monochlorobenzene to Dominate the Market
- Monochlorobenzene is the majorly used isomer of chlorobenze and is used for various applications such as nitrochlorobenzene, Sulfone polymers, Diphenol ether and phenylphenols, and Solvents.
- Nitrochlorobenzenes are used as intermediates in the manufacture of rubberchemicals, agricultural chemicals, antioxidants,dyes and pigments and constitutes the major application of monochlorobenzene.
- Monoclorobenzene is also used as s a solvent in processes to produce rubberproducts, pesticides, pharmaceuticals, and resins. Also, the y-o-y growth in the pharmacetical industry and pestisides increases the demand for the market studied.
- Additionally the global pharmaceutical market stood at around USD 1204.8 billion in 2018 and around USD 1250.4 billion in 2019. This trend is expected to increase during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific to DOminate the Market
- Asia-Pacific region dominated the global market share and is likely to continue its dominance during the forecast period. With growing chemical manufacture, pharmaceutical industries, and increasing application as solvent in processes to produce rubberproducts, pesticides, resins, in countries, such as China, India, and Japan, the usage of chlorobenzene has been increasing in the region.
- India plays a prominent role in the formulations segment of the industry. India is the third largest producer of pharmaceuticals in the world by volume. India has the largest number of FDA approved plants outside the US.
- China is one of the fastest-growing economies, globally, and almost all the end-user industries are growing, owing to the rising population, living standards, and per-capita income. Although the pharmaceutical industry in China has seen a decline owing to COVID-19, the textile industry in the country is increasing at a swift pace. In March 2020 the added value of textile production in the country stood at -5.5%, in April 2020 it was 2%, and it increased further to 4.3% in May 2020.
- The factors mentioned above are expexted to increase the consumption of chlorobenzene in various applications during the forecast period.
The chlorobenzene market is partially consolidated in nature. Some of the key players in the market include ITW Reagents Division (PanReac Applichem), China Petrochemical Corporation, Jiangsu Yangnong Chemicals Group Co., Ltd., Kureha Corporation, and LANXESS, among others.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
This product will be delivered within 2 business days.
1.2 Scope of the Study
4.1.1 Rising demand for Nitrochlorobenzene
4.1.2 Other Drivers
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
4.5 Price trends
4.6 Technological Snapshot
4.7 Trade Analysis
4.8 Regulatory Policy Analysis
5.1.5 Other Types
5.2.1 Moth Control
5.2.3 Polyphenylene Sulfide
5.2.4 Polysulfone Polymers
5.2.6 Room and Sanitary Deodorants
5.2.7 Other Applications
184.108.40.206 South Korea
220.127.116.11 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.2 North America
18.104.22.168 United States
22.214.171.124 United Kingdom
126.96.36.199 Rest of Europe
5.3.4 South America
188.8.131.52 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
184.108.40.206 Saudi Arabia
220.127.116.11 South Africa
18.104.22.168 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6.2 Market Share/Ranking Analysis**
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 ITW Reagents Division (PanReac Applichem)
6.4.2 Anhui Bayi Chemical Industry
6.4.3 Chemada Fine Chemicals
6.4.4 China Petrochemical Corporation
6.4.5 J&K Scientific Ltd
6.4.6 Jiangsu Yangnong Chemicals Group Co., Ltd.
6.4.7 Kureha Corporation
6.4.9 Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co. Ltd.
6.4.10 Tianjin Bohai Chemical Industry Co., Ltd.
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- ITW Reagents Division (PanReac Applichem)
- Anhui Bayi Chemical Industry
- Chemada Fine Chemicals
- China Petrochemical Corporation
- J&K Scientific Ltd
- Jiangsu Yangnong Chemicals Group Co., Ltd.
- Kureha Corporation
- Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co. Ltd.
- Tianjin Bohai Chemical Industry Co., Ltd.