The market for industrial sludge treatment chemicals is expected to register a CAGR of over 5% during the forecast period. The major factor driving the growth of the market is the high demand for activated sludge from various end-user industries. Stringent regulations by the government to curb the waste-water disposal, and thus harmful chemicals, are also propelling the growth of the market studied. Ongoing COVID-19 outbreak is predicted to hamper the market development in the coming years.
- The activated sludge segment is expected to grow during the forecast period, due to its consumption in municipal water treatment and various other end-user industries, owing to its high efficiency.
- The Asia-Pacific region dominated the industrial sludge treatment chemicals market across the world during the forecast timeframe.
Key Market Trends
High Demand for Activated Sludge Type is Expected to Boost the Market
- Activated sludge is the most efficient process of treating wastewater by aeration, and thus, widely employed by end-user industries, such as food and beverages, municipal water treatment, pulp and paper, personal care, etc., due to large production of sludge in these sectors.
- The food and beverage industry is anticipated to account for more than USD 75 billion by the end of 2020, and it is estimated to register a CAGR of 8% and reach USD 105 billion by 2024.
- Within a span of 5 years, the market value of the global pulp and paper industry is projected to grow from USD 63.3 billion in 2019 to USD 79.6 billion by the end of 2024, thereby, increasing the demand for activated sludge type in the industry.
- Revenue from the personal care market is estimated to be around USD 232.094 billion in 2020.
- All the aforementioned factors, alongside government support, are expected to propel the global industrial sludge treatment chemicals market during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific to be the Largest Market for Industrial Sludge Treatment Chemicals
- Asia-Pacific is expected to have the largest market share in the industrial sludge treatment chemicals market globally during the forecast period.
- China’s food and beverage sector is the largest in the Asia-Pacific region, as well as across the world, summing up USD 26.7 billion in 2019. It is estimated to grow up to the size of USD 38.7 billion by 2024.
- In 2019, the industry revenue of the manufacture of paper and paper products in India is projected to be USD 15.59 billion, and it is expected to reach a value of USD 17.01 billion by 2023.
- The personal care industry is estimated to generate a revenue of USD 54.28 billion in 2020 from the Asia-Pacific region. It is also expected to register a CAGR of 8.4% and may reach USD 74.96 billion by 2024.
- Thus, the rising demand from various industries, coupled with government support from the countries across the region, is expected to drive the market studied during the forecast period.
The market for industrial sludge treatment chemicals is partially consolidated. Some of the players operating in the business include BASF SE, Veolia Water Technologies, AMCON INC, Kemira, and Ovivo.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
This product will be delivered within 2 business days.
Table of Contents
1.2 Scope of the Study
4.1.1 High Demand for Activated Sludge Type
4.1.2 Stringent Government Regulations
4.2.1 COVID-19 Outbreak to Hamper the Market
4.2.2 Other Restraints
4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5.2 Process Chemicals
5.3 End User
5.3.1 Food and Beverages
5.3.2 Pulp and Paper
5.3.3 Personal Care
5.3.5 Municipal Wastewater
5.3.6 Other End Users
18.104.22.168 South Korea
22.214.171.124 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.4.2 North America
126.96.36.199 United States
188.8.131.52 United Kingdom
184.108.40.206 Rest of Europe
5.4.4 South America
220.127.116.11 Rest of South America
5.4.5 Middle-East and Africa
18.104.22.168 United Arab Emirates
22.214.171.124 Saudi Arabia
126.96.36.199 South Africa
188.8.131.52 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6.2 Market Share Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 AMCON INC.
6.4.2 Accepta Ltd
6.4.3 BASF SE
6.4.4 Beckart Environmental Inc.
6.4.6 GN Separation
6.4.8 Kurita Water Industries Ltd
6.4.10 Veolia Water Technologies
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- AMCON INC.
- Accepta Ltd
- BASF SE
- Beckart Environmental Inc.
- GN Separation
- Kurita Water Industries Ltd
- Veolia Water Technologies