The China total telecom and pay-TV service revenues will increase at a CAGR of 2.8% over the 2021-2026 period, mainly supported by contributions from mobile data and fixed broadband service segments. Mobile data will remain the largest revenue contributor through the forecast period, supported by growing mobile internet subscriptions and increasing mobile data ARPU. Fixed broadband revenue will increase during 2021-2026 period, mainly supported by growing adoption of higher-ARPU fiber services.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in China
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation, and more.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data, and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
- The overall telecom and pay-TV services revenue in China will grow marginally at a CAGR of 2.8% over 2021-2026 period
- Mobile revenue will account for 37% of the total telecom and pay-TV services revenue in 2026, driven by growing mobile internet subscriptions and increasing mobile data ARPU.
- 4G services held an estimated 59.8% of the total mobile subscriptions in 2021.
- China Mobile led China's mobile market in terms of mobile subscriptions in 2021.
Reasons to Buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of China's telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying the publisher's Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in China's mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in China's telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in China.
Table of Contents
- Market highlights
- Demographic, macroeconomic, and regulatory context
- Demographic and macroeconomic context
- Regulatory context
- Telecom market outlook
- Total telecom service revenue
- Mobile services market
- Fixed services market
- Pay-TV service market
- Competitive landscape and company snapshots
- Competitive landscape
- China Mobile
- China Telecom
- China Unicom
- Additional resources
- Baseline forecast assumptions
- Data tables
- Research methodology
- Country Intelligence Report coverage
- About the Publisher
- Contact Information
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- China Mobile Communications Corporation
- China Telecom
- China Unicom
- China Broadcasting Network (CBN)
- Snail Mobile