Seamless Integration Between Offline and Online Creates New Growth Opportunities
The retail industry is increasingly focused on increasing sales and revenue through radical innovation and digital transformation. The Start-Up Tracker is a resource to help the ecosystem participants identify solution providers with offerings that match industry challenges.
The Start-Up Tracker provides a rich database of start-up and niche players that have the capabilities to transform processes in retail and add value to the end-user. These companies were selected based on the publisher's best practices database, in addition to secondary research on retail tech ecosystem mappings and rankings worldwide, such as the IoT Retail Market Map from CB Insights and other regional Retail Tech mapping and rankings.
A list of start-ups focused on retail IoT was made by region, including different segments: sensor-based analytics and marketing, indoor mapping, smart dressing rooms, and service robots.
The publisher conducted detailed primary interviews with start-ups that are standing out in beacon-and sensor-based analytics and marketing in different regions to generate a competitive profile and understand relevant developments, strategy and value proposition. Beacon-and sensor-based analytics and marketing was chosen because it is the segment with the most innovative solutions in the digital retail industry.
Each company short-listed has been screened and analyzed by the analyst, and an overall score was established for each start-up based on the criteria described in this study.
To be considered a part of the IoT, any product, application, or service must be part of a larger solution that comprises these 4 elements:
- Objects that are virtualized and imbued with data measurement capabilities
- The ability to grant identities to physical and virtual objects
- Interconnections between these objects for monitoring and interaction
- The ability to generate real-time insights from data and incorporate them into existing business processes
- The Internet of Things (IoT) space is still in flux. Unlike more mature ICT verticals, the IoT space also has significant overlap with other industries
- such as the automotive, energy, and manufacturing industries.
- To accurately observe and measure IoT-related economic activity, the publisher uses the definition above to determine if a technology product, application, or service is to be considered part of the IoT.
The key digital agriculture products covered in this study are automation and control systems, wireless connectivity and sensors, and smart retail equipment and machinery. The key segments covered in this study are indoor mapping, smart dressing rooms, sensor-based analytics and marketing, and service robots. Indoor mapping is often used to create promotions. Smart dressing rooms is usually based on interactive touchscreen. Sensor-based analytics and marketing solutions often tracks in-store visitors. Service robots aim enables shelves to stay always stocked.
Table of Contents
- Why is it Increasingly Difficult to Grow?
- The Strategic Imperative 8™
- The Impact of the Top Three Strategic Imperatives on Digital Retail Industry
- Growth Opportunities Fuel the Growth Pipeline Engine™
- Definition of the Internet of Things (IoT)
- Scope of the Study
- Research Process and Methodology
- IoT in Retail - Key Topics Covered in this Study
- Business Goals in the Retail Market
- Building Technology Foundations
- State of Edge Architectures
- Future of Retail
- Changing Role of the Store
- Just Commerce
- Personalisation, Immersive Experiences, and Marketing Channels
- Continuous Experimentation and ‘Retailtainment’
- Frictionless Convenience
- Main Trends in Digital Retail Market
- Main Technologies in Digital Retail Market
- In-store IoT Solutions
- Top 4 Growth Opportunities in Digital Retail Market
- Critical Success Factors for Growth
- Key Competitors (Start-ups) in the Digital Retail Market
- Scoring Methodology for Competitive Profiles
- Innovation Target for Competitive Profiles
- RetailNext - Company Profile
- RetailNext - Analyst Viewpoint
- Aislelabs - Company Profile
- Aislelabs - Analyst Viewpoint
- VideoMining - Company Profile
- VideoMining - Analyst Viewpoint
- Zaitt - Company Profile
- Zaitt - Analyst Viewpoint
- Growth Opportunity 1 - Software Integration for Time-to-market Acceleration
- Growth Opportunity 2 - Affordable Hardware for Market Massification
- Growth Opportunity 3 - Consulting and Support for increased Awareness
- Growth Opportunity 4 - Wider Breadth of Connectivity Options for Retail Infrastructure
- List of Exhibits
- Legal Disclaimer
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Scanalytics Inc