As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, 5G’s potential to support telehealth services came to light. Telemedicine requires a network that can support real-time, high-quality videos. 5G-enabled sensors can be used for teleconferencing, allowing physicians to effectively monitor a patient’s vital signs and provide accurate and effective treatments during calls. The low latency of 5G also allows real-time remote patient monitoring with the streaming and analysis of patient data from an array of medical devices. 5G-enabled remote surgery is also being explored, where doctors can perform procedures from a remote location and surgical feedback can be sent to the surgeon far more rapidly than with earlier technology.
This is a single theme report providing in-house analyst expertise on 5G in medical devices. Components of the report include -
- Key Players - key players in the 5G market and their position in the value chain.
- Trends - the key trends shaping the 5G industry over the next 12 to 24 months. These are classified into technology trends, medical device trends, macroeconomic trends, and regulatory trends.
- Industry Analysis - the market value of the 5G market, 5G capabilities, notable deals, and medical device specific use cases.
Reasons to Buy
- The publisher’s thematic research ecosystem is a single, integrated global research platform that provides an easy-to-use framework for tracking all themes across all companies in all sectors. It has a proven track record of identifying the important themes early, enabling companies to make the right investments ahead of the competition, and secure that all-important competitive advantage.
- Develop and design your corporate strategies through an in-house expert analysis of 5G by understanding the primary ways in which this theme is impacting the medical devices industry.
- Stay up to date on the industry’s major players and where they sit in the value chain.
- Identify emerging industry trends in 5G to gain a competitive advantage.
Table of Contents
- Technology briefing
- Industry analysis
- Value chain
- Sector scorecards
- Further reading
- Thematic methodology
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- China Mobile
- China Telecom
- China Unicom
- Deutsche Telekom
- LG Uplus
- NTT DoCoMo
- SK Telecom
- T-Mobile US