Synthesizes current evidence-based literature and personal experience regarding the use of exoscopes in otolaryngology-head and neck surgery.
Offers a practical approach focused on clinical decision making.
Explains exoscopic technology and offers helpful comparisons between the exoscope and microscope in various surgeries.
Covers microlaryngeal surgery, laser-assisted endoscopic laryngeal surgery, ear surgery, lateral skull base surgery, exoscope assisted dacryocystorhinostomy, free flap harvesting, and much more.
Consolidates today's available information on this timely topic into a single, convenient resource.
- Exoscope vs Microscope in first-time users. Description of experiments performed in the clinical lab by students with the aim of comparing microscope and exoscope in first-time users
- Pre Clinical application of exoscopes in microlaryngeal surgery using the ARTip cruise system. Experiments performed in a dry lab to test micro laryngeal surgery using the exoscope and a new robotic arm.
- The Exoscope in Microlaryngeal surgery. Results on case series
- Laser assisted endoscopic Laryngeal surgery. Clinical results of laryngeal surgery performed using the Co2 laser and Exoscope technology.
- Exoscope-assisted oral and oropharyngeal surgery. Transoral surgery application of exoscopes
- The exoscope in substitution of the microscope in ear surgery. Exoscope application in the commonest ear surgery procedures.
- Lateral skull base surgery using the exoscope. Exoscope clinical experiences in lateral skull base surgery.
- Exoscope and Microscope in Ear Surgery. Exploring advantages and disadvantages of exoscopes compared to microscopes.
- Exoscope assisted dacryocystorhinostomy. How exoscope can integrate and facilitate endoscopic dacryocystorhinolstomy.
- Exoscope application in free flap harvesting. Exoscope as a teaching tool in free flap surgery.
- The exoscope in substitution of the microscope in microvascular anastomosis for head and neck reconstruction.
Giuseppe Spriano MD, Professor and Chief of Otorhinolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, Humanitas University, Milan, Italy.