This case study looks at the impact environmental sustainability is having on the aviation industry and assesses the impact across airlines, airports and aerospace players. It then takes an in-depth look consumer attitudes towards environmental sustainability, the industry’s impact on the environment, innovations, industry scorecards, and recommendations.
Reasons to Buy
- A major theme that has emerged is for airports to become carbon neutral. The new gold standard in environmental sustainability will demand cultural and operational changes for airports to realistically achieve this aim. Simply turning to solar or wind power instead of fossil-fueled electricity is a start, but not enough, and major changes must be taken.
- For years, many airlines have offered passengers the option to offset the carbon produced from their flight and a few airlines are taking this one step further by adding mandatory green charges to ticket prices.
- Leisure travel is the most obvious to be impacted by the flight shaming movement, but some socially focused companies are beginning to make policy changes to reduce the impact their operations have on carbon emissions.
- This case study looks at the impact environmental sustainability is having on the aviation industry and assesses the impact across airlines, airports and aerospace players. It then takes an in-depth look consumer attitudes towards environmental sustainability, the industry’s impact on the environment, innovations, industry scorecards, and recommendations.
Reasons to Buy
- Understand consumer sentiment towards environmental sustainability and the impact on the aviation industry.
- Obtain a clearer picture of the innovations the sector is taking to tackle the environmental crisis.
- Gain an understanding of how sustainable aviation fuels will support the industry in its quest towards carbon neutrality.
- Environmental Sustainability Overview
- Environmental Sustainability
- Aviation’s Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Consumer Attitudes Towards Environmental Sustainability
- Consumer Sentiment Towards Environmental Sustainability
- Flight Shaming
- UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Sustainable Development Goals - Environmental Focus
- Sustainability Innovations
- Airport Sustainability Innovations
- Airline Sustainability Innovations
- Aerospace Sustainability Innovations
- Sustainable Aviation Fuel
- Sustainable Aviation Fuel Overview
- Sustainable Aviation Fuel Developments
- Industry Scorecards
- Airline Scorecard
- Airport Scorecard
- Recommendations for the industry
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- British Airways
- Air France KLM
- Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
- Heathrow Airport
- International Airlines Group
- Air Canada