About the Report
There are ten key subsea fibre cables connecting Japan and two new subsea cable systems are planned from Japan including the following - ADC to be launched in Q4 2020 and the SJC2 for launch in 2021. Japan has also a series of domestic subsea cable connections around the coast of Japan, including the JIH (Japan Information Highway) cable system, planned as a lower-cost alternative to using terrestrial routes.
Japan has the second largest Data Centre market in the Asia Pacific Region (behind China and just ahead of Australia) served by 18 Data Centre Providers with a total of 90 facilities.
Japan has seen inward Data Centre investment from Equinix, Colt and Digital Realty (with Digital Realty investing through its joint venture with Mitsubishi Corporation). Recent data centre development has been made by Colt, Equinix, MC Digital Realty and xScale.
The Japanese Country Market report is split into five sections
- Section One: The Data Centre Landscape in Japan - surveys international sub-sea fibre connectivity, domestic fibre connectivity including Dark Fibre connectivity and power availability.
- Section Two: Country Survey of the Cloud in Japan
- Section Three: Country Survey of Data Centres in Japan
- Section Four: Profiles of the key Cloud and Data Centre Providers in Japan
- Section Five: Forecasts and Conclusions - includes Forecasts for the public cloud markets (by annual revenues in millions of USD from the beginning of 2021 to the beginning of 2025), and for Data Centre (using the metrics of annual revenues, Data Centre raised floor space and Data Centre Customer Power (DCCP) from the beginning of 2021 to the beginning of 2025). Finally, DCP identifies the key trends and the key conclusions to the report.
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Digital Realty
- Mitsubishi Corporation
The analyst researches its reports typically within a three-month period. All of its reports are based on primary and secondary research including interviews with relevant companies/operators covered in the report. The analyst also draws on its extensive in-house database and its contacts in the field of telecommunications it has established since the company was launched in 2006.
The analyst has 26-years of experience in the field of telecoms pricing both mobile and fixed. They have a network of consultants as well as a multi-lingual research team, with languages spoken French, German, Polish and Spanish.