The report finds that the demand for fabless ICs continued in high gear in the fourth quarter of 2020 owing to the stay-at-home economy that has driven notebook PC shipments amid the COVID-19 outbreak worldwide. Thus, shipment value of the Taiwanese fabless IC industry in the fourth quarter of 2020 registered over 42.7% year-on-year growth, arriving at US$7.7 billion.
Since the demand for chips will continue into the first half of 2021, shipment value of the industry is anticipated to have reached US$7.9 billion in the first quarter of 2021, registering over 55% growth compared to the same period last year.
List of Topics:
- This research report presents shipment value forecast and recent quarter review of the Taiwanese fabless IC industry.
- The analysis of fabless IC shipment value, product mix, and application mix and includes major vendors' latest shipment value ranking.
- The content of this report is based on primary data obtained from interviews with Taiwanese fabless IC design houses and publicly available information such as annual reports and financial statements of individual companies covered in this report
- Taiwanese Fabless IC Shipment Value, 1Q 2019 - 3Q 2021
- Taiwanese Fabless IC Shipment Value by Application Category, 1Q 2019 - 1Q 2021
- Taiwanese Fabless IC Shipment Value Share by Application Category, 1Q 2019 - 1Q 2021
- Taiwanese Fabless IC Shipment Value by Product Category, 1Q 2019 - 1Q 2021
- Taiwanese Fabless IC Shipment Value Share by Product Category, 1Q 2019 - 1Q 2021
- Taiwanese Fabless IC Shipment Value Ranking, 1Q 2019 - 1Q 2021
- Taiwanese Fabless IC Shipment Value by tier, 1Q 2019 - 1Q 2021
- Research Scope & Definitions
- Global Unichip
- Silicon Motion
Primary research with a holistic, cross-domain approach
The exhaustive primary research methods are central to the value that the analyst delivers. A combination of questionnaires and on-site visits to the major manufacturers provides a first view of the latest data and trends. Information is subsequently validated by interviews with the manufacturers' suppliers and customers, covering a holistic industry value chain. This process is backed up by a cross-domain team-based approach, creating an interlaced network across numerous interrelated components and system-level devices to ensure statistical integrity and provide in-depth insight.
Complementing primary research is a running database and secondary research of industry and market information. Dedicated research into the macro-environmental trends shaping the ICT industry also allows the analyst to forecast future development trends and generate foresight perspectives. With more than 20 years of experience and endeavors in research, the methods and methodologies include:
- Component supplier interviews
- System supplier interviews
- User interviews
- Channel interviews
- IPO interviews
- Focus groups
- Consumer surveys
- Production databases
- Financial data
- Custom databases
- Technology forecasting and assessment
- Product assessment and selection
- Product life cycles
- Added value analysis
- Market trends
- Scenario analysis
- Competitor analysis