This PEST country analysis report on Syria provides a holistic view of the country, with insightful analysis of current and future issues, supplemented with relevant quantitative data to support trend analysis.
- Understand the political system in Syria through analysis of key figures in the country and governance indicators.
- Understand the economic situation in Syria through a balanced assessment of core macroeconomic issues.
- Understand customer demographics in Syria through analysis of income distribution and the rural-urban split, as well as healthcare and education.
- Understand the technological landscape in Syria through analysis of relevant laws and policies, as well as patents data.
- The political landscape section discusses the evolution of the political scenario in Syria, as well as the country's economic, social, foreign, and defense policies. The section also discusses the country's performance according to World Bank Governance Indicators.
- The economic landscape section outlines the evolution of Syria's economy, as well as the country's performance in terms of GDP growth, composition by sector (agriculture, industry, and services), fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, credit disbursement, banking sector, and employment.
- The social landscape section analyzes the government's social welfare policies, as well as the country's performance in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education.
Reasons to Buy
- What is the outlook in Syria in terms of political stability, policies towards business, and the popularity of the government?
- How does Syria perform in terms of GDP growth, its fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, and employment?
- How does Syria perform in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education?
- How does Syria perform in terms of technology-intensive sectors like IT, life sciences, and R&D expenditure trends?
1.2.1. Key highlights
1.3. Key developments (July 2020 - June 2021)
1.4. Recovery of the Syrian economy from the COVID-19 crisis
1.4.2. Government measures
188.8.131.52. Travel ban
1.4.3. Impact on the economy
2. KEY FACTS AND GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION
2.1. Key facts
2.2. Geographical location
3. POLITICAL LANDSCAPE
3.3. Structure and policies
3.3.1. Key political figures
3.3.2. Structure of government
3.3.3. Key policies
3.4.1. Governance indicators
4. ECONOMIC LANDSCAPE
4.3. Structure and policies
4.3.1. GDP and growth rate
4.3.2. GDP composition by sector
4.3.3. Fiscal situation
4.3.4. International investment position
4.3.5. Monetary situation
5. SOCIAL LANDSCAPE
5.3. Structure and policies
5.3.1. Demographic composition
5.3.4. Social welfare
5.4.2. Income distribution
6. TECHNOLOGICAL LANDSCAPE
7.1. Ask the analyst
7.2. About the Author
List of Tables
Table 1: Syria - Key Facts, 2021
Table 2: Syria - Population by Age (as a Percentage of the Population), 2020
List of Figures
Figure 1: Map of Syria, 2021
Figure 2: Syria - Key Political Events Timeline
Figure 3: Syria - Key Political Figures, 2021
Figure 4: Syria - Distribution of Seats in the People's Assembly, July 2020 Elections
Figure 5: Syria - Evolution of GDP Growth (%), 2011-2020
Figure 6: Syria - Real GDP and GDP Growth Rate (Constant Prices), 2016-2025f
Figure 7: Syria - Sector-specific GDP (%), 2018
Figure 8: Syria - Agricultural Output (SYP Trillion/%), 2013-2018
Figure 9: Syria - Industrial Output (SYP Trillion/%), 2013-2018
Figure 10: Syria - Service Output (SYP Trillion/%), 2013-2018
Figure 11: Syria - CPI-based Inflation, 2016-2025f
Figure 12: Syria - Unemployment Rate (Millions/%), 2016-2025f
Figure 13: Syria - Religious Composition, 2015
Figure 14: Syria - Healthcare Expenditure (US$ Billion/%), 2014-2020
Figure 15: Syria - Internet Users and Growth (Millions/%), 2016-2020