The Global Biopower Market is estimated to be USD 51.6 Bn in 2021 and is expected to reach USD 90.73 Bn by 2026, growing at a CAGR of 11.95%.
The factors such as favorable government initiatives for renewable energy sources and advancement in technology have made these renewable sources cost-effective and increasing the renewable power generation capabilities, thereby prompting the demand of the biopower market. In addition, the global biopower market is expected to show continuous growth as it is rising as a substitute for the alternating supply of power from renewable energy resources. However, the factor such as high setup cost is anticipated to hamper the market growth.
Innovation and technological expansion and rising investment for infrastructure enhancement are expected to generate untapped market participants.
The Global Biopower Market is segmented further based on Type, End-User, and Geography.
By Type, the market is classified into direct combustion, co-firing, gasification, anaerobic digestion, pyrolysis, and landfill gas. Amongst all, the direct combustion segment is estimated to hold the highest market share during the forecast period.
By End User, the market is classified as residential, commercial, industrial, and others. Amongst all, the industrial segment is estimated to hold the highest market share during the forecast period.
By Geography, North America is projected to lead the market.
1. Toshiba Energy Systems & Solutions Corporation to start the building of a biomass power plant in Omuta City, Fukuoka Prefecture. - 25th October 2019
2. Sumitomo Corporation and Sumitomo Corporation Tohoku Co., Ltd. has commenced construction of the "Biomass Power Plant" in Sendai City, Miyagi Prefecture. - 31st March 2021
Some of the companies covered in this report are Ameresco INC, Archer-Daniels-Midland Company, Asaspa, Babcock & Wilcox Enterprises, Inc, Babcock& Wilcox Enterprise, etc
The report includes Competitive Quadrant, a proprietary tool to analyze and evaluate the position of companies based on their Industry Position score and Market Performance score. The tool uses various factors for categorizing the players into four categories. Some of these factors considered for analysis are financial performance over the last 3 years, growth strategies, innovation score, new product launches, investments, growth in market share, etc.
Why buy this report?
- The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the Global Biopower Market. The report includes in-depth qualitative analysis, verifiable data from authentic sources, and projections about market size. The projections are calculated using proven research methodologies.
- The report has been compiled through extensive primary and secondary research. The primary research is done through interviews, surveys, and observation of renowned personnel in the industry.
- The report includes an in-depth market analysis using Porter’s 5 forces model and the Ansoff Matrix. In addition, the impact of Covid-19 on the market is also featured in the report.
- The report also includes the regulatory scenario in the industry, which will help you make a well-informed decision. The report discusses major regulatory bodies and major rules and regulations imposed on this sector across various geographies.
- The report also contains the competitive analysis using Positioning Quadrants, the analyst’s positioning tool.
- A complete analysis of the market, including parent industry
- Important market dynamics and trends
- Market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market based on value and volume
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
What is the estimated value of the Global Biopower Market?
What is the growth rate of the Global Biopower Market?
What is the forecasted size of the Global Biopower Market?
Who are the key companies in the Global Biopower Market?
|No. of Pages||165|
|Forecast Period||2021 - 2026|
| Estimated Market Value ( USD
||USD 51600 Million|
| Forecasted Market Value ( USD
||USD 90730 Million|
|Compound Annual Growth Rate||11.9%|
|No. of Companies Mentioned||20|
Table of Contents
1.2 Market Definition
1.4 Years Considered
1.6 Key Shareholders
2.2 Data Collection and Validation
2.2.1 Secondary Research
2.2.2 Primary Research
2.3 Market Size Estimation
2.3.1 Bottom-Up Approach
2.3.2 Top-Down Approach
2.4 Assumptions of the Study
2.5 Limitations of the Study
3.2 Market Size and Segmentation
3.3 Market Outlook
4.1.1 Favorable Government Policies
4.1.2 Growing Demand for Renewable Energy
4.2.1 High-Level Financing Required
4.3.1 Growing Technology Innovation
4.4.1 Inaccessibility of Feedstock Along with Fluctuating Cost
5.2 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
5.3 Impact of COVID-19
5.4 Ansoff Matrix Analysis
6.2 Direct Combustion
6.5 Anaerobic Digestion
6.7 Landfill Gas
8.2 North America
8.3 South America
8.4.9 Rest of Europe
8.5.6 South Korea
8.5.8 Sri Lanka
8.5.10 Rest of APAC
8.6 Middle-East and Africa
8.6.2 Saudi Arabia
8.6.3 South Africa
8.6.4 United Arab Emirates
9.2 Market Share Analysis
9.3 Strategic Initiatives
9.3.1 M&A and Investments
9.3.2 Partnerships and Collaborations
9.3.3 Product Developments and Improvements
10.2 Archer-Daniels-Midland Company
10.3 A2A SpA
10.4 Babcock & Wilcox Enterprises, Inc
10.5 BASF SE
10.6 Bloom Biorenewables LTD
10.7 BTG Biomass Technology Group BV
10.8 Dalkia Bioenergy LTD
10.11 EnviTec Biogas AG
10.12 Fortum Oyj
10.13 Green Plains Inc
10.14 Hitachi Zosen Corporation
10.15 Mitsubishi Heavy Industry LT
10.16 MVV Energie AG
10.17 Orsted A/S
10.18 Royal Dutch Shell plc
10.19 Schmack Biogas AG
10.20 Weltec Biopower GmbH
- Ameresco, INC
- Archer-Daniels-Midland Company
- A2A SpA
- Babcock & Wilcox Enterprises, Inc
- BASF SE
- Bloom Biorenewables LTD
- BTG Biomass Technology Group BV
- Dalkia Bioenergy LTD
- EnviTec Biogas AG
- Fortum Oyj
- Green Plains Inc
- Hitachi Zosen Corporation
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industry LT
- MVV Energie AG
- Orsted A/S
- Royal Dutch Shell plc
- Schmack Biogas AG
- Weltec Biopower GmbH